Ten BMWs for Swazi king's wives

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ten BMWs for Swazi king's wives

Swaziland's King Mswati III has bought 10 new BMW series 5 cars for his wives.

Swaziland's media reports that it has cost him $820,000.

The 36-year-old king frequently hits the headlines with stories about his lavish lifestyle.

Two months ago, Africa's only remaining absolute monarch was criticised for buying himself a $500,000 luxury car.

"This is basically an upgrade of the ones they have been using," a royal official told the Swazi Times.

The Maybach car, which the king bought in December, has a television, DVD player, 21-speaker surround-sound system, fridge, cordless telephone and sterling silver champagne flutes.

Street protests

As well as 10 wives, the king has three fiancees.

In recent years, he has asked parliament for $15m to build a palace for each of his spouses and $45m to buy a royal jet.

Street protests led to him abandoning the plans to buy a luxury jet.

Swaziland's unemployment rate stands at 40% while almost 70% of the country's one-million population live on an average daily income of $1 or less.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4263599.stm

He clearly has no idea what to do with his money. Tfoooou @ this absurdity.

Comment

LOL Houda, you lost it there

He has 10 wives and 3 fiancées, a bit fishy!

Comment

Yuck, men with money, no such thing as a modest and simple life, is there ?

13 women ???????????? How digustingly degrading for those women. I mean I wouldn't mind being wife no.4 {depending on the circumstances etc} but 13, er hello ?

Comment

Whats the differece between being wife number 4 and wife number 13 ? Wife number four will get what wife number 13 will get... financial security.. and isn't that what this whole business about 4 wives is about? Taking care of the women.. my ! i should think that given some of the explainations about how wonderful marriage is and and how wonderful it is to offer this to women.. you'd think this King is a Saint for crying out loud !.. What a service he is doing for his countrymen.. especially in such a poor country where there are soo many poor women.

all tongue in cheek.. im just still upset over what i read yesterday... ill address it later.

Comment

Granted , Wisdom seeker

Polygamy should ONLY be given a thought only in exceptional cases in this case the King is clearly Poly natured.

It appears that Mswati wives/ fiancée/ girlfriends {{whatever}} are willing to accommodate with each other as they all have, like you mentioned the financial security.

But I would like to think that the average man would want to live in a more dignified and respectable lifestyle rather than posses a wealth or a lavish living.

Anyway, back to your last comment, I think it’s quite repulsing that a Country like Swaziland has a king who is more interested in furnishing his lust with his 13 women by buying them vast materialistic goods rather than sorting out the epidemic of Aid and the unemployment in his country.

So much for a man with priorities.

Comment

He is not a rich man and his people are suffering. Swaziland has 40% of
              the population HIV positive, unemployment is at 40%, 70% of the people live on a
              daily income of $1 or less and about one third of its people rely on food aid to live.

Comment

lol yeah.. you guys are driving me crazy !!

Comment

Dat king feller is a blewdy genius... 'e knows 'ow ter live life and grasps de meaning of it, doesn't e.

Comment

All that I learned I learned through sin.. and I wouldn't want to contaminate you with all that

Comment

How nasty. Pretty soon he'll have married the whole country!

Comment

Originally posted by Amina-DZ
                        Swaziland's King Mswati III has bought 10 new BMW series 5 cars for his wives.

Swaziland's media reports that it has cost him $820,000.

The 36-year-old king frequently hits the headlines with stories about his lavish lifestyle.

Two months ago, Africa's only remaining absolute monarch was criticised for buying himself a $500,000 luxury car.

"This is basically an upgrade of the ones they have been using," a royal official told the Swazi Times.

The Maybach car, which the king bought in December, has a television, DVD player, 21-speaker surround-sound system, fridge, cordless telephone and sterling silver champagne flutes.

Street protests

As well as 10 wives, the king has three fiancees.

In recent years, he has asked parliament for $15m to build a palace for each of his spouses and $45m to buy a royal jet.

Street protests led to him abandoning the plans to buy a luxury jet.

Swaziland's unemployment rate stands at 40% while almost 70% of the country's one-million population live on an average daily income of $1 or less.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4263599.stm

At the age of 35? Here is a man a really take care of his wife sorry wifes..., i think he will have a mariage every birthday.....

I saw on TV that the AIDS is amost finnishing that country, During the King birthday most of the young ladies come to his palace and dance with there breast uncoverd...and almost naked...,...

He must be inspired by the Arabic Sultans/kings lifes...

F-
                        A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
                        By: George Bernard Shaw

Comment

What's his religion?

If he is a muslim, why does he have more than 4 wives? If he 's a christian, then why does he have more than 1?? Is it either he doesn't have a religion or it's because he's a king and feels that he can do whatever he wants?

Just curious

Comment

I wonder what would have happened to her if she refused this fat bellied sagging tittied man.

Swazi king picks young new wife

About 50,000 bare-breasted women took part in the August Reed Dance King Mswati of Swaziland has chosen a teenager to be his 13th wife.

Phindile Nkambule, 17, was revealed to the public when she took part in a traditional Reed Dance ceremony, in which girls perform before the king.

The announcement comes just weeks after Mswati III ended an official ban on sex for women under 18. The ban was aimed at curbing the spread of HIV/Aids.

According to custom, King Mswati, 37, will marry Phindile Nkambule once she becomes pregnant.

She is reported to have caught the king's eye during the main annual Reed Dance in late August, when tens of thousands of bare-breasted girls took part in a traditional rite of Spring.

Ms Nkambule is younger than the king's first daughter, Princess Sikhanyiso, who turned 18 this month.

She will now wear royal loin cloths when she appears in public and has dropped out of school in order to be groomed as the monarch's wife.

Unpopular ban

Days earlier, the king had rescinded a ban on sexual relations for girls younger than 18.

King Mswati reportedly spotted his new bride at the ceremony
                            The ban was started by the king in 2001 to fight Aids in a country where some 40% of the population is HIV positive.

But the move had been unpopular with Swazi youths and its implementation had sparked controversy.

Just two months after imposing the ban, the king fined himself a cow for breaking it by taking a 17-year-old girl as his ninth wife.

The Swazi monarch married his 12th wife, aged 18, in June.

He has one other fiancee and 27 children.

Some Swazis are critical of King Mswati - an absolute monarch whose lavish lifestyle and many wives contrast with the poverty of many of his subjects.

Comment

Weird behaviour!
                              I watched many docs about this and nearly noone in swaziland has smth to say on it! All seem to agree happily with their king

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X