US to Palestinians: Keep Hamas away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US to Palestinians: Keep Hamas away

America, the upholder of democracy, is telling Palestinians not to vote for Hamas.

Israel is arrested the Hamas candidate in East Jerusalem, and removed Hamas from the election campaign. Stopping democracy from taking place are we?

Resistance groups such as Hamas exist because the Palestinians chose so. Just as any other resistance group in the Middle East, they are fighting for the freedom of their people, protecting their land/resources/women and children and they are fighting illegal occupation. The oppressed MUST stand up to the oppressor. I dare anyone to disagree, because if YOU were oppressed, you would do the same.

Khokom.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...1AD86E56B6.htm

Yes absolutely I would resist oppression, although personally I would not suicide bomb civilians in the service of my cause. Would you?

V

Comment

Originally posted by voltaire
      Yes absolutely I would resist oppression, although personally I would not suicide bomb civilians in the service of my cause. Would you?

V

Israelis? Most of them are armed. And they know very well they are on occupied land which does not belong to them, someone is bound to resist. Therefore, they are bound to get hurt.

I am not justifying killing civilians, dont jump down my throat, I am giving you reality here, you dont trespass on my property or you will get hurt.

They support this illegal occupation and they support the crimes done against Palestinian civilians on a daily basis, they send their children to join the IDF, they are WORKING with the Army directly.

Again, dont jump down my throat, I am not justifying killing civilians.

Palestinian children and women are dying every single day, only yesterday a mother and her 16 year old son were shot dead by Israeli Troops. Are they not civilians?

Those civilians you are talking of were living happily in America, Russia, UK, Eastern Europe, and other countries around the world.

Palestinians do what they do out of oppression, out of desperation, suicide is their weapon, I am against suicide, but palestinians see it as an effective means to resist, thats how they fight for their survival.

Why doesnt those Israeli population put pressure on their government to stop committing crimes, oppressing palestinians, removing illegal settlements,..etc. WHY???

Khokom.

Comment

V
        Of course you wouldn't, Voltaire. No one in their right mind would. Have you read Hamas' charter?

http://www.mideastweb.org/hamas.htm

Here's Article "eight":

Allah is its target, the Prophet is its model, the Koran its constitution: Jihad is its path and death for the sake of Allah is the loftiest of its wishes.
        Resistance movement my ass! Hamas is a death cult plain and simple.

Comment

I say Iranian president has a vision, a good vision indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Khokom

V

Israelis? Most of them are armed. And they know very well they are on occupied land which does not belong to them, someone is bound to resist. Therefore, they are bound to get hurt.

I am not justifying killing civilians, dont jump down my throat, I am giving you reality here, you dont trespass on my property or you will get hurt.

They support this illegal occupation and they support the crimes done against Palestinian civilians on a daily basis, they send their children to join the IDF, they are WORKING with the Army directly.

Again, dont jump down my throat, I am not justifying killing civilians.

Palestinian children and women are dying every single day, only yesterday a mother and her 16 year old son were shot dead by Israeli Troops. Are they not civilians?

Those civilians you are talking of were living happily in America, Russia, UK, Eastern Europe, and other countries around the world.

Palestinians do what they do out of oppression, out of desperation, suicide is their weapon, I am against suicide, but palestinians see it as an effective means to resist, thats how they fight for their survival.

Why doesnt those Israeli population put pressure on their government to stop committing crimes, oppressing palestinians, removing illegal settlements,..etc. WHY???

Khokom.

I disagree with suicide bombings in any situation, it is an act which is not of Islam in my opinion and goes against the very essence of Islam and therefore decency.

With this in mind I would not castigate those Muslims who have commited suicide in Palestine not because I agree with the act but because I can sympathise with the state of mind that would drive a poor civilian to commit such an act.

Whilst I feel it high time for Muslims to stand up and say this shocking act is unislamic, it is also high time that the Jewish government stands up and admits that it is guilty in in so much as it has been a contributer to the physcological deterioration and trauma of the Palestinian people.

Words must be followed by actions.

It is ok to simply say he is wrong and I am right. What is usually missed is under what circumstances do these people commit suicide. If you imagine and ordinary person in the UK bullied at school, lead to feel depression, on medication, reaching a very low state of mind and they commit suicide. Or a man has been divorced and lost his kids, started to drink pushing himself into depression and eventually commiting suicide, we read it every week in the newspapers.

The person carrying the bomb in their back pack has seen generations of their family killed. But most have not seen their family killed, they have been made to endure a far worst fate. Imagine a boy growing up watching his father cry every week because he has no means to be a man and provide for his family. Watching your Mum and Dad mentally breaking down and keeping everything together by mere threads of dignity. Imagine turning up to school and the teacher asking you to draw a snowman or strawberries and you not being able to because you have never seen tose things in books or on television.

Imagine all of your friends being in the same boat. Imagine being shot at with rubber bullets as you leave the Mosque from Friday prayers. Imagine being moved from the land that your parents and their parents have lived on and nurtured only for these foreign people who u know nothing of to build beautiful new hoses that u can only dream about.

Now you look over at the new people living in the new houses on your land and u know nothing about them, so all u have to go on these people is that they invaded your land. Then imagine people around you being killed by those people. Imagine there not being any water yet the people across from you have as much as they want. What goodness do you have to go on these people.

Why should this small child ever like those foreign people, why should he care for them, why should he have nothing but hate and contempt for them.

On the other side a Jewish child stairs across and sees these people who his parents tel him are the childeren of the Devil, who come across with packs on their chests and blow people up, who keep him up everynight because of gun fire in their direction. Who make them cry when a stray bullet passes through their window. What does this poor Jewish boy have to go on, what does he have that tells him these people are good, why shouldnt he feel anything but hate for these foreign people.

My point would be that suicide is a horrible act and a merciless act which should be ridiculed. However the Jewish state in the position of power, it is therefore incumbent upon them to help the Palestinians and stop the violence, to remove their hatred for the Palestinians and blatant abuses of international law and the law of humanity and decency.

The Palestinian case has been modelled and carved by the actions of the Israeli government. Israel is the cause and they can be the solution. This in no way excuses suicide bombing and the killing of innocent civilians on the part of the Muslims but that is one issue. The cause is a completely seperate issue and until the Israelis and world community can address them as seperate issues there will be no advance.

[Edited by ElHenni on 17th January 2006 at 20:27]

Comment

Elhanni,
              You have a talent for journalism and writing

Comment

Originally posted by samir-22
                Elhanni,
                You have a talent for journalism and writing
                Thanks for the compliment. Im just trying to keep up with the good writers on here who make great posts.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X