Is there no fresh water in Gaza?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there no fresh water in Gaza?

Where I live, if you want water (in the countryside), you drill a well. Why can't the Palestinians use some of the millions of dollars of US aid to drill water wells in Gaza?

It's not rocket science.

Not rocket science indeed...dealing with the aftermath of Katrina is

Comment

Originally posted by Bilderbooger
      Where I live, if you want water (in the countryside), you drill a well. Why can't the Palestinians use some of the millions of dollars of US aid to drill water wells in Gaza?

It's not rocket science.
      Its not about why do they not just drill a hole. One could equally say why dont they just leave Palestine or why dont the Israelis just leave.

Its a case of what should be, the water in Palestine should be the Palestinians water.

However about 70% of Palestinian water is pumped into Israel by the Israelis.

Why dhould they not just dig a hole and use the other 30%? Well why should they have to? 100% of it is their's. simple maths, Palestinians outnumber the Israelis and therefore they should have a greater proportion of the share as they have a greater number of mouths.

It not you against us, Jew against Muslim, its basic common
      sense.

One could even say, its not rocket science...

Comment

It's not rocket science.

This is extremely interesting question, and I am sure that honest people like you are benefiting in unimaginable way from your honest and positive contribution.
        Please do not consider this as sarcasm, as I don’t know what it stands for.
        So as you said, it’s quite a situation, I don’t know much about Gaza, but some honest people are actually questioning whether it was a good idea for the Good Israeli legal settlers to leave that area.
        Some one who appears dishonest suggested that it was all a show and they’d probably moved out as they found water somewhere!

I dispute that, as there is no credible fact to base that kind of assumption.

I don’t know what you really think, but please enlighten us Sir Bilder

Comment

Originally posted by MrMeaner1

It's not rocket science.
          That oneof themost stupid statements I have read recently. If Palestinians could drill wells to get water, would you think that they were waiting for you to let them know. Water in that part ofthe world is very scarce and the next war won't be about Land but about water. There are already big conflicts between Israel, Jordan and Lebanon for the drinkable water running the rivers around there. Evrybody is trying to divert the natural flow of the water. I thoughtyou wre a bit smarter than that you meathead. Google is there waiting for you. Just google the subjectDumba ss

MrMean

I found an article in the scientific journal Ground Water that looks like it might be interesting, but it's subscription only (bastards!). Here's an abstract of the article:

http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi...4.2005.00064.x

The Water Crisis in the Gaza Strip: Prospects for Resolution

by E. Weinthal, A. Vengosh, A. Marei, A. Gutierrez, and W. Kloppmann

Abstract

Israel and the Palestinian Authority share the southern Mediterranean coastal aquifer. Long-term overexploitation in the Gaza Strip has resulted in a decreasing water table, accompanied by the degradation of its water quality. Due to high levels of salinity and nitrate and boron pollution, most of the ground water is inadequate for both domestic and agricultural consumption. The rapid rate of population growth in the Gaza Strip and dependence upon ground water as a single water source present a serious challenge for future political stability and economic development. Here, we integrate the results of geochemical studies and numerical modeling to postulate different management scenarios for joint management between Israel and the Palestinian Authority. The chemical and isotopic data show that most of the salinity phenomena in the Gaza Strip are derived from the natural flow of saline ground water from Israel toward the Gaza Strip. As a result, the southern coastal aquifer does not resemble a classic "upstream-downstream" dispute because Israel's pumping of the saline ground water reduces the salinization rates of ground water in the Gaza Strip. Simulation of different pumping scenarios using a monolayer, hydrodynamic, two-dimensional model (MARTHE) confirms the hypothesis that increasing pumping along the Gaza Strip border combined with a moderate reduction of pumping within the Gaza Strip would improve ground water quality within the Gaza Strip. We find that pumping the saline ground water for a source of reverse-osmosis desalination and then supplying the desalinated water to the Gaza Strip should be an essential component of a future joint management strategy between Israel and the Palestinian Authority.
          So. The gound water in Gaza is too salty and somewhat polluted. Who's living there isn't going to change that. The technology exists to correct the problem if the Palestinians would channel some of their energy (and money) into solving the problem instead of wasting their energy attacking Israel.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X