Bliar denied it, must be true then

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bliar denied it, must be true then

Downing Street has denied for the first time claims US President George Bush had to be talked out of bombing the TV station al-Jazeera by Tony Blair.
    Tony Blair's official spokesman said a memo about the Bush-Blair conversation does not refer to bombing al-Jazeera.

The Daily Mirror reported in November the memo showed Mr Bush had considered taking such action in 2004.

The denial came after al-Jazeera applied to see the relevant part of the memo under freedom of information laws.

'Firm denial'

At the time of the original story a Downing Street spokesman said: "We have got nothing to say about this story. We don't comment on leaked documents."

The White House said at the time the story was "outlandish".

On Tuesday, the Downing Street spokesman said: "We are saying this because a specific allegation, despite our firm denial, has been repeated over and over again."

Launched in 1996, al-Jazeera is best known outside of the Arab world for carrying exclusive al-Qaeda messages.

The station is based in Qatar, a close ally of Washington's and the location of US military headquarters during the Iraq war.

http://www.bbc.co.uk

Originally posted by liberte
    The station is based in Qatar, a close ally of Washington's and the location of US military headquarters during the Iraq war.

http://www.bbc.co.uk

Al-jazeera the champion of freedom of speech never creticises Qatar or allows the oppsition to participate in any debate.
    Y así entraste en mi memoria

Comment

Seriously

Who are they fooling? The Americans don't need to bomb Aljazeera all they need to do is ask their puppet El amir Hamad ben Khalifa to pull the plug on the TV station.

Comment

Tell him he got it right this time!

Comment

Tell him to try herbal tea like chamomille it's calming and soothing, the regular tea contains cafeine and is as addictive as coke. Besides for someone like him who sees the jews everywhere he must know that cocacola has a very bad name in regards to the.......you know what I'm saying

Comment

I wonder why I was soliloquizing yesterday

Comment

Farts & giggles maybe?

I hope Al-Jazeera is successful with their FOI request. I'd like to see the matter settled once and for all.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X