Five months in jail ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five months in jail ....

just for being an Algerian pilot .... and no compensation. Shameful.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4725606.stm

That's deplorable. How could he not be awarded compensation.

Comment

Well!… He has won the right to a judicial review, if all goes well he will then be compensated and so will all those who have been wrongfully arrested under terror laws.
      In 2003 he has also won an apology and damages from the Mail on Sunday for accusing him of stealing a dead person’s National insurance number … amongst other things.
      The United states is behind all these miscarriages of justice, to them the fact that he was a pilot and lived close to heathrow made him an ideal suspect.

Comment

It's a disgrace. I truly hope he is awarded maximum compensation. Although I don't see how money can compensate for the years of his and his family's life that have been destroyed. Shameful.

Comment

I love it how British Judges constantly stick it to the Government. Vive la Legal System

Comment

Originally posted by ElHenni
            I love it how British Judges constantly stick it to the Government. Vive la Legal System
            Sadly it looks like our "independent judiciary system" isn't going to be as effective in the future, our civil liberties are gradually being diluted with newly legislated laws under the pretext of tackling Terror.
            Judges will then have their hands tied up because the law will be on the side of the Government.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X