Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10-year-old boy prisoner of Guantanamo Bay - found innocent after 2 years detention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-year-old boy prisoner of Guantanamo Bay - found innocent after 2 years detention

You’re kidding, right? That’s it?

After holding Brits in our extralegal dungeons for two years, one day we just let ’em go?

We’ve still got more than 600 people imprisoned in our Halliburton-built prison camp at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, where for more than two years we’ve been interrogating them, denying them lawyers, denying them any kind of judicial review, hinting quite bluntly that they could all remain in limbo like this forever, and trying to put a brave face on all of the suicide attempts.

And every now and then, without comment, we bundle a few of them onto international flights and dump them out on a street somewhere -- and suddenly it turns out that this dangerous menace was just a bewildered Kabul taxi driver, or a 10-year-old.....

10-year-old boy prisoner of Guantanamo Bay - found innocent after 2 years of detainment

Boy, 12, recounts days as terror inmate: Youngest captive spent 17 months detained, a year at Guantanamo

"They should have arrested al Qaeda, not me," he said in the first interview since his release. "I was just innocent."

Did you read the whole article, Al-khiyal?

Read it again

It sounds to me like this kid being captured by the Americans was more of a blessing than a curse:

Asadullah maintains that he was sold into sexual slavery to a local militia leader, one of many in lawless prewar Afghanistan, in nearby Paktia Province.
    "I was brought there to service the commander's men," Asadullah says in a quiet voice. During the day, he served food and washed dishes. At night, he was asked to do other things he is too ashamed to utter.
    And now (drumroll please...)

"I want to go to America."
    Read the whole article. This kid was RESCUED.

Comment

Poor Bilderbooger, he wants the incarceration of a 10-year old kid to be a 'good news' story. A bewildered, vulnerable kid, that's prison fodder is it?

How come the Marines PR boys haven't head-hunted you yet?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMeaner1

You save me from the lion's cage and through me in wolf's one?
        Wolf's cage?

During the days, they were allowed to run on the grass inside the compound. Sometimes, the soldiers would play football with them. Asadullah even developed a certain prowess at chess...

...The boys were taught to read and write English. It was the first time they had attended anything resembling school. Asadullah was also given books in Pashto and a copy of the Koran.

"Sometimes we were allowed to watch television. I liked to watch movies," he recalls.

The soldiers assigned to guard them became friends. "They were so kind to us," he says.
        That's some wolf's cage, Mr. Meaner.

Comment

Bilderbooger, it's allegedly the maximum security detention center for 'the most dangerous people on earth' - what was a kid put in there for?

Comment

Originally posted by Al-khiyal
            Poor Bilderbooger, he wants the incarceration of a 10-year old kid to be a 'good news' story. A bewildered, vulnerable kid, that's prison fodder is it?

How come the Marines PR boys haven't head-hunted you yet?
            Don't blame me. You're the one who posted the story.

Comment

And you're the one who tried to spin it.

Comment

Unfortunately, Bilderbooger has been dehumanised!

Comment

Originally posted by Al-khiyal
                  And you're the one who tried to spin it.
                  Yep tried to, but didn't suceed.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X