Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peake murder suspect's confession

BBC News Online: UK

The man who is said to have confessed to the killing of British student Isabel Peake in France has described his victim as a "very sweet" woman.
    The French weekly "Le Figaro-Magazine" has published what it claims is an admission of guilt by Sid Ahmed Rezala, who is said to have experienced a sudden mental "flash" which made him kill.

Rezala is quoted as saying about Miss Peake: "She was very sweet. We got on well together at the station in Limoges. She telephoned her bloke ... and once more I saw the flash."

Late last year, 20-year-old Miss Peake had been studying in Limoges on an exchange programme.

She was very sweet. We got on well together at the station in Limoges. She telephoned her bloke ... and once more I saw the flash
    Sid Ahmed Rezala

Her body was found beside a railway track in central France, and it is believed she was pushed from a speeding train as she returned home to Staffordshire.

Algerian-born Rezala is under arrest in Portugal in connection with the murder of Miss Peake as well as two other French women.

About the killing of 20-year-old Emilie Bazin he said: "Thirty seconds beforehand I didn't know I was going to kill her. It's a flash. You see her dead. It's like an order you're given and you carry it out."

Extradition attempt

Rezala, who is 21, is fighting attempts by France to extradite him from Portugal to stand trial.

The Portuguese Supreme Court is expected to give its decision on the extradition request next Wednesday

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X