Outlook worsens in Afghanistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook worsens in Afghanistan

KABUL, Afghanistan — Fighting between U.S. forces and suspected Taliban rebels on Tuesday killed one American service member and wounded two others in southern Afghanistan, as military officials in Washington and Afghanistan said insurgent attacks rose sharply last year and are likely to worsen in 2006....

...In testimony before the Senate Armed Services Committee, Lt. Gen. Michael D. Maples, appearing with Director of National Intelligence John Negroponte, said attacks within Afghanistan were up 20 percent between 2004 and 2005, suicide bombings increased "almost fourfold" and makeshift bombs, similar to those used in Iraq, had "more than doubled...."

Outlook worsens in Afghanistan

The aim was to build the Caspian Sea Pipelines that s all. Now apparently they are ready.

Ahmed Wali Karzai governor of Kandahar is apparently heavily implicated in the drug world and benefiting from it (Newsweek 9th of January) Many warlords dont even try to hide their new wealth , and their new mansions while the Police and border guards look the other side and take their bribes too . Some foreign forces must be benefiting too like they did in Latin America. t
    there Human Rights violation, repressive militia , corrupti
    on and no one pays attention to the average Afghan any more.

http://www.rawa.us/drugs2.htm

Rahmatullah Hashemi (a taliban spokesperson at the time) is studying Terrorism at Yale (no im not kidding )

http://www.nysun.com/article/28342

and Sami Al Haj A reporter with Al Jazeera in Kabul gets sent to Gantanamo !
    Friendship

[60:8] GOD does not enjoin you from befriending those who do not fight you because of religion, and do not evict you from your homes. You may befriend them and be equitable towards them. GOD loves the equitable.

[60:9] GOD enjoins you only from befriending those who fight you because of religion, evict you from your homes, and band together with others to banish you. You shall not befriend them. Those who befriend them are the transgressors

Comment

4 intelligence agents killed in bomb blast in southern Afghanistan

French soldier killed in Afghan clash

Comment

Ex-Afghan president survives suicide attack

Bomb kills 4 US soldiers in Afghanistan

Comment

Afghanistan: The other war

Comment

The United States and three NATO allies with troops in Afghanistan urged the Kabul government on Tuesday to respect the religious freedom of an Afghan convert to Christianity who faces the death penalty there.

The United States, which counts Afghan President Hamid Karzai as a key ally in the region, raised the case with visiting Afghan Foreign Minister Abdullah Abdullah, calling on Kabul to uphold Afghan citizens' constitutional right to choose their faith.

"We hope that the Afghan constitution is going to be upheld and in our view, if it's upheld, then of course he'll be found to be innocent," said Nicholas Burns, the State Department's third-ranked diplomat.

An Afghan judge said on Sunday a man named Abdur Rahman had been jailed for converting from Islam to Christianity and could face the death penalty if he refused to become a Muslim again. Sharia, or Islamic law, stipulates death for apostasy....

US, allies press Afghanistan on Christian convert

U.S. makes low-key appeal in Afghan case

"...This is, I think, a watershed moment. The American people will bear a great deal of sacrifice, but only on behalf of principle. If, after our liberation of Afghanistan, a man may still be executed for being a Christian--or a Jew, although to my knowledge that case hasn't arisen--there is no logical basis on which our government can continue to request the ultimate sacrifice from its most devoted supporters."

Comment

"..Afghan forces attacked the Taliban near the southern border town of Spin Boldak late on Tuesday after getting intelligence reports the insurgents were preparing attacks, said an army commander, General Abdul Raziq..."

Afghan army says 20 Taliban killed in clashes

Authorities launched an investigation Wednesday into the killings by Afghan security forces of at least 15 people who an Afghan army commander alleged were Taliban rebels but locals said were tribesmen wanting to attend a religious festival.

The bodies were found near the border town of Spin Boldak in Kandahar province, where some 2,000 members of the Noorzai tribe protested the slayings and demanded action be taken against Afghan forces responsible....

Authorities investigate killings by Afghan troops near Pakistan border

IN ONE of the most blunt assessments of post-Taliban life in Afghanistan, a high-ranking United Nations representative has warned refugees not to return home because security is so dire....

Please don't come home, UN begs Afghan refugees

Comment

The trial of a man facing the death penalty for converting to Christianity might be dropped on the grounds of his "mental instability", officials have said, as Afghanistan provoked international criticism over the case....

Afghan Christian convert may escape conviction due to 'insanity'

Comment

Clerics seeking the execution of an Afghan who converted from Islam to Christianity are using the issue to bolster their fight to create a widespread popular front against foreign forces in Afghanistan. International leaders whose troops are stationed in the country are thus playing right into the hands of the clerics by taking the moral high ground and threatening withdrawal:

Losing faith in Afghanistan

Comment

About the Afghan Army killing the 20 Talibans , apparently they were Pakistanis visiting relatives across the border to celebrate the Nawrooz celebrations and Musharaf was not happy the way the pakistanis were handcuffed and then shot . and later called Talibans . (google will provide Links )

also , About the Muslim guy who converted . he is to be pardonned from what i read .

Im a Muslim and i dont agree with killing him. the Majority of Muslims on the forum may disagree with me but I dont see how can someone who has LOST faith in islam be helpful to the Islamic Community . may as well let him enjoy his new Found Faith . why not ? we dont need someone who starts despising our faith , we dont .
                    Allah Did say in the Quran there was no compulsion in Islam and that if Allah wanted he would have made sure all Humans believed in him . and that He showed the right path to people , if they strayed it was their problem and no one elses . so that s clear to me.
                    I say , let the guy go and pray who whatever god he wants , after all it is his loss if i care about MY religion. sorry If i offended anyone but this is how i feel.
                    Friendship

[60:8] GOD does not enjoin you from befriending those who do not fight you because of religion, and do not evict you from your homes. You may befriend them and be equitable towards them. GOD loves the equitable.

[60:9] GOD enjoins you only from befriending those who fight you because of religion, evict you from your homes, and band together with others to banish you. You shall not befriend them. Those who befriend them are the transgressors

Comment

Nesreen allah yberek raki nashta
                      Come along to the other sections as well

Comment

Afghanistan’s Foreign Ministry summoned the Pakistani ambassador on Sunday after its consulate was attacked during a protest over the killing of 16 men by Afghan security forces.....

Afghanistan protests attack on consulate

"He is not considered a prisoner anymore. He is a sick person."

Afghanistan to release Christian threatened with execution

Comment

Afghan MPs condemn release of Christian convert

Comment

Taliban say Afghan offensive is on, 22 dead

Comment

District chief, five others killed in Taliban attacks

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X