Bush lauds N.Y.er at Muslim dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush lauds N.Y.er at Muslim dinner

WASHINGTON - President Bush hailed an FDNY paramedic last night at an Iftar dinner marking Islam's Ramadan holidays - calling the Brooklyn man courageous and compassionate and citing his near-death experience at Ground Zero on 9/11.
    Speaking to some of the nation's Islamic leaders in the State Dining Room at the White House, Bush singled out Farooq Muhammad, the son of Pakistani immigrants.

"Farooq was at the World Trade Center on 9/11, treating victims when the towers collapsed - he narrowly escaped death himself. He also recently volunteered in the mountains of Kashmir, where he helped treat the victims of last year's devastating South Asian earthquake," Bush said.

"Paramedic Muhammad is a proud Muslim. He is a patriotic American."

Muhammad, 31, of downtown Brooklyn, was sitting two tables away from Bush at the gathering of about 50 people.

"It was amazing. The President mentioned me by name. It was an awesome experience," Muhammad said. "This is something I'm going to hold on to for a long, long time."

Ambassadors from Muslim countries were in attendance as well as NYPD Detective Azam Afridi of the counterterrorism bureau.

Kenneth R. Bazinet and Oren Yaniv

New York Daily News - City News - Bush lauds N.Y.er at Muslim dinner

It was amazing. The President mentioned me by name. It was an awesome experience," Muhammad said. "This is something I'm going to hold on to for a long, long time."
    Dubya the idiot mentioned him by Name , yeah whatever ! (and signing a new law how to terrorise More muslims )
    Friendship

[60:8] GOD does not enjoin you from befriending those who do not fight you because of religion, and do not evict you from your homes. You may befriend them and be equitable towards them. GOD loves the equitable.

[60:9] GOD enjoins you only from befriending those who fight you because of religion, evict you from your homes, and band together with others to banish you. You shall not befriend them. Those who befriend them are the transgressors

Comment

i think he's one of those people who just can't believe that someone famous (/infamous) 'know's their name.....

personally, i'd be freaked out

Comment

Originally posted by nesreen
        Dubya the idiot mentioned him by Name , yeah whatever ! (and signing a new law how to terrorise More muslims )
        Buch should have mention the courage of Nasreen from algeria.com
        A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
        By: George Bernard Shaw

Comment

...and her amazing ability to write "double standards!" more times in a day than the rest of the world combined?

V

Comment

Originally posted by voltaire
            ...and her amazing ability to write "double standards!" more times in a day than the rest of the world combined?

V
            It is reality , we are seeing it daily in their So called Diplomatic Ventures . see how they deal with Iran Nuclear technology and Israels ? see how they deal with the frigtening Shia Crescent from Iran and the One in the Green zone et...t... i could name a few examples .
            Friendship

[60:8] GOD does not enjoin you from befriending those who do not fight you because of religion, and do not evict you from your homes. You may befriend them and be equitable towards them. GOD loves the equitable.

[60:9] GOD enjoins you only from befriending those who fight you because of religion, evict you from your homes, and band together with others to banish you. You shall not befriend them. Those who befriend them are the transgressors

Comment

Originally posted by voltaire

V
              You are also exagerating and im sure many posters will agree with me. Yes i Do find the double standards of America in its foreign Policies appalling and shocking . but we are used to them by now and no one in the UN seem to be bothered even successful politicians seem to think it is the norm , we d better get used to it , instead of fighting it .

Voltaire was also very against "Lettres De Cachet" and fought forr the right of anyone to a fair trial , YOU , a fan i presume dont seem to mind supporting Bush and the Necons .
              Friendship

Comment

asdfkjasdklfd

Comment

Voltaire was also very against "Lettres De Cachet" and fought forr the right of anyone to a fair trial , YOU , a fan i presume dont seem to mind supporting Bush and the Necons .
                  Don't be silly. You know that's not true.

No, I don't "support Bush and the necons", but I see no point in simply reiterating the same stock phrases, virtually verbatim, at whatever the latest "outrage du jour" happens to be.

Now for goodness' sake chill out - I was only making a light-hearted point. On which note, I'm off to see my Mossad handlers.

V

Comment

He's an IDIOT...
                    Nectar77

Comment

Originally posted by Nectar77
                      He's an IDIOT...
                      Who? Volta or Bush?
                      A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

Comment

He's an IDIOT...
                        And the prize for most succinct point of the day goes to...

V

Comment

Originally posted by FORTUNATO
                          Who? Volta or Bush?
                          Bush..(both)...naaaa only kidding Voltaire
                          Nectar77

Comment

It's OK, I've been called worse on this board before (speaking of which, where is Khokom? )

V

Comment

Bush..(both)...naaaa only kidding Voltaire
                              Yes, Volta may read you, Its always easy to speak bad of these who are not present like Bush for exemple .

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X