Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al Jazeera launches English language news service.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Jazeera launches English language news service.....

......and it's here

Al Jazeera English goes live

Comment

This is what was shown today on AL jazeera it was awsome like the Americans say

YouTube - Al Jazeera English Launches!

America is not very supportive

IOL: Broadcast giants snub al-Jazeera English network

Tonight they managed to cover somalia , terrible scences in zimbabwe (queues for Petrol were a week old , people camping at the gas station , the inflation 1200% it was crazy ) they covered Darfur , terrible scenes of poverty and misery , somalia , Moscow where Bush was , Sderot and rocket attack , Gaza IDF retaliation , an interview live with shimon Perez and also ismael Haniyeh (not together ) it was briliant.
      I might stick to the English version i find it amazing . interesting people too.
      Friendship

[60:8] GOD does not enjoin you from befriending those who do not fight you because of religion, and do not evict you from your homes. You may befriend them and be equitable towards them. GOD loves the equitable.

[60:9] GOD enjoins you only from befriending those who fight you because of religion, evict you from your homes, and band together with others to banish you. You shall not befriend them. Those who befriend them are the transgressors

Comment

Yeah it looks amazing

I am still doubtful about how many people will watch it. I feel that many people dont want to know the truth anymore... their views are made up and are unwilling to change them.

Lets hope Aljazeera makes an impact. Its on SKY television here in UK.

K.

Comment

Originally posted by Khokom
          Its on SKY television here in UK.
          Really? Murdoch's hosting it and yet people still think it's the most brilliantly incisive news channel out?

ROTFLMAO!!!

V

Comment

Originally posted by voltaire
            Really? Murdoch's hosting it and yet people still think it's the most brilliantly incisive news channel out?

ROTFLMAO!!!

V

try it , it is very good . usually on western channel they give only seconds to Gaza , yesterday they gave it enough time to see what was going on. but i prefer the Arabic version for sure .
            Friendship

[60:8] GOD does not enjoin you from befriending those who do not fight you because of religion, and do not evict you from your homes. You may befriend them and be equitable towards them. GOD loves the equitable.

[60:9] GOD enjoins you only from befriending those who fight you because of religion, evict you from your homes, and band together with others to banish you. You shall not befriend them. Those who befriend them are the transgressors

Comment

Fabulous! I'll be a frequent visitor...

Comment

Originally posted by nesreen
                try it , it is very good . usually on western channel they give only seconds to Gaza , yesterday they gave it enough time to see what was going on. but i prefer the Arabic version for sure .
                Surely then, surely it can't be Murdoch whose network is hosting it?

V

Comment

Its looks like the war of Media just Started

As soon as ALJAZEERA launched the English version, BBC decide to go for Arabic Version, and at the same day French lauch the News24, , in 4 languages, starngly Aljazeera could not be seen in the US homes

F-
                  -
                  A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
                  By: George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by voltaire
                    Surely then, surely it can't be Murdoch whose network is hosting it?

V

I dont know if he is , i have not seen any link yet to that but if he does and let Al jazeera tell the truth and expose certain Crimes and multi nationals and drug companies making others even poorer , and Not give the news a certain agenda , then i have no problem with Mr Murdoch , I just hope he wont muzzle it , otherwise it would be a shame .

Al-Jazeera English a 'serious competitor' | The Guardian | Guardian Unlimited
                    Friendship

Comment

Indeed, well like I said before, there is no such thing as a totally unbiased news channel, and Al-Jazeera English will be no exception to that (it's just a natural fact that all news media have an editorial slant). But if it at least brings a "balance of the biases" by offering a different view, then so much the better.

V

Comment

Its on Sky Digital... cant remember the channel,...514 I think?

This has nothing to do with Murdoch. The only part Sky had was issuing a signal number for those with Sky-crippled boxes, something they are forced to do to any channel that has a license. Sky does not own any satellites and therefore does not host.

Anyway, AlJazeera International had alot of positive feedback on many forums across the internet. Alot of people were awaiting its launch. They liked the British feel to it... anyone noticed their news theme? Sounds very much like BBC's theme

I agreed with one of the posters on a forum when he said: "I have watched in 4 hours on Aljazeera what I havnt watched in 4 years on Sky News".

K.

Comment

Originally posted by Khokom
                          This has nothing to do with Murdoch. The only part Sky had was issuing a signal number for those with Sky-crippled boxes, something they are forced to do to any channel that has a license. Sky does not own any satellites and therefore does not host.
                          Quite... so Sky issued the signal number, and the thing is being broadcast on Sky Digital. I guess the "evil movement that runs the world" doesn't actually, err, run the whole world then, eh Khokom? Unless they missed the Murdoch Empire out at the last planning meeting

No need to apologise or publicly recant, I'm quite magnanimous in that respect. Although I'd still be curious for you to specify what that "evil movement" is - you never have to this day

V

Comment

Interlude:

Comment

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X