• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clinton aide resigns over e-mail claiming Obama is Muslim

----- Original Message -----
    *Sent:* Tuesday, November 20, 2007 7:42 PM
    *Subject:* Meet Barack Obama

Who is Barack Obama?

Probable U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama was born in Honolulu , Hawaii , to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a black MUSLIM from Nyangoma-Kogel , Kenya and Ann Dunham, a white ATHEIST from Wichita , Kansas.

Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii. When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced. His father returned to Kenya . His mother then married Lolo Soetoro, a RADICAL Muslim from Indonesia . When Obama was 6 years old, the family relocated to Indonesia. Obama attended a MUSLIM school in Jakarta. He also spent two years in a Catholic school. Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is a Muslim. He is quick to point out that, 'He was once a Muslim, but that he also attended Catholic school.'

Obama's political handlers are attempting to make it appear that Obama's introduction to Islam came via his father, and that this influence was temporary at best. In reality, the senior Obama returned to Kenya soon after the divorce, and never again had any direct influence over his son's education.

Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama's mother, Ann Dunham, introduced his stepson to Islam Obama was enrolled in a Wahabi school in Jakarta.

Wahabism is the RADICAL teaching that is followed by the Muslim terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the western world. Since it is politically expedient to be a CHRISTIAN when seeking major public office in the United States , Barack Hussein Obama has joined the United Church of Christ in an attempt to downplay his Muslim background.

ALSO, keep in mind that when he was sworn into office he DID NOT use the Holy Bible, but instead the Koran (Their equivalency to our Bible, but very different beliefs)

Let us all remain alert concerning Obama's expected presidential candidacy.

The Muslims have said they plan on destroying the U.S. from the inside out, what better way to start than at the highest level - through the President of the United States, one of their own!!!!

Please forward to everyone you know. Would you want this man leading our country?...... NOT ME!!!

Washington, December 7, 2007: A volunteer coordinator for Hillary Rodham Clinton's presidential campaign has resigned after forwarding a chain e-mail that suggests Barack Obama is a Muslim who wants to destroy the United States by being elected to its highest office.

Obama is a member of the United Church of Christ and has never been a Muslim. A hoax e-mail that has been widely circulated suggests Obama is some sort of stealth candidate for Muslims.

Judy Rose, a Clinton coordinator and Democratic Party official in Jones County, Iowa, forwarded it without comment to eight people on November 21. Rose referred requests for comment to one of the recipients, Grace Zimmerman, who serves with her on the Jones County Democratic Central Committee. Zimmerman said on Wednesday that Rose sent it to the members of the committee to "show people how dirty politics is" and did not agree with the content of the e-mail.

"Oh heavens no," Zimmerman said in a telephone interview. "She just wanted the people who were concerned with the politics of Jones County to be aware of it." Zimmerman said the Clinton campaign never talked to Rose about why she sent it but simply demanded her resignation after another recipient decried the e-mail in a post on the liberal blog Daily Kos. "There is no place in our campaign, or any campaign, for this kind of politics," Clinton campaign manager Patti Solis Doyle said in a statement.

Comment

December 5, 2007 -- Hillary Clinton's campaign asked one of its volunteer county coordinators in Iowa to step down after the person forwarded an e-mail falsely stating that Barack Obama is a Muslim. Obama is a Christian and attends Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, but chain e-mails have been circulating throughout his campaign that falsely describe him as a Muslim.

"There is no place in our campaign or any campaign for this kind of politics," said Clinton campaign manager Patti Solis Doyle in a statement that was posted on the liberal blog Daily Kos this morning.

"A volunteer county coordinator made the mistake of forwarding an outrageous and offensive chain e-mail. This was wholly unauthorized and we were totally unaware of it. Let me be clear: No one should be engaging in this. We are asking this volunteer county coordinator to step down and are making it clear to every person involved in our campaign that this will not be tolerated."

The coordinator was not named in Solis Doyle's statement. The Clinton campaign's statement, which noted the claim has been "investigated" was in response to a posting on Daily Kos from a person who identified himself as a Dodd supporter.

"Over the past week or so, I have received two of the most hateful hit pieces on Obama parroting right wing talking points," the person posted on Daily Kos yesterday afternoon.

"One was forwarded to me from a Clinton county chair. The other was from a person who claimed to be a former Obama supporter, but a little work with Google revealed she had been posting pro-Clinton comments for several months on websites covering the campaign. They both repeat the Obama/Osama crap, and the "madrassa" charges. And there is the conclusion that Obama is a mole whose intention is to make a Muslim revolution in the US. I have replied with factual citations and a suggestion that those people are doing their candidate no good by spreading the hate."

A conservative magazine reported earlier this year Obama attended a madrassa, a kind of Islamic school, a charge that was untrue. CNN actually met with officials at the school who said it was not. Obama himself has publicly denouced the false charge that he is a "Muslim plant."

Liberal bloggers have also seized on a letter to the editor that appeared Nov. 28 in Oskaloosa Herald, an Iowa paper. It was written by another person who identified herself as a Clinton supporter, although the person does not appear to have any formal role in the campaign. Tammy Sparks of Oskaloosa quotes directly from of the e-mails that people are receiving about Obama that are littered with falsehoods alleging that he is Muslim and hiding it. Sparks concludes "even if your thoughts are not on Hillary Clinton to be the next president of the United States, PLEASE don't let your thoughts stop on Barack Obama!"

Later in the day, Obama responded to the e-mail controversy.

"I just think that the Iowa caucusgoer is looking for an honest and real debate about their issues - health care, education, how kids are going to finance their way through college, how do we keep jobs here, solving the immigration problem and getting our troops home from Iraq," he said in a statement. "If other folks want to engage in those kinds of small-time tactics then that's their prerogative, but that's not what we're going to focus on."

Comment

MASON CITY, Iowa, December 16, 2007 (AP) - Democrat Barack Obama on Sunday confronted one of the persistent falsehoods circulating about him on the Internet.

He went to church.

His attendance here at the First Congregational United Church of Christ, with the news media in tow, was as much an observation of faith as it was a rejoinder to baseless e-mailed rumors that he is a Muslim and poses a threat to the security of the United States.

Obama did not address the rumors, but described how he joined Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago two decades ago while working as a community organizer.

"What I found during the course of this work was, one, that ordinary people can do extraordinary things when they come together and find common ground,'' he told the congregation. "The other thing I discovered was that values of honesty, hard work, empathy, compassion were values that were spoken about in church .... I realized that Scripture and the words of God fit into the values I was raised in.''

Obama regularly attends church while on the campaign trail, but seldom with reporters watching. He is known to invoke religious references in his speeches and has said he has a "personal relationship'' with Jesus Christ. He often has said that religion has a place in public life and that faith and politics are not exclusively the domain of conservatives.

"During this holiday season and during this political season I'm continually reminded that the values that I learned at Trinity and as part of the UCC community are values that can't just stay in church but have to be applied outside of church,'' he said.

Obama staffers and volunteers say they periodically encounter voters who say they cannot support Obama because they've heard he is Muslim, a claim that has been making its way through Internet sites and blogs since he announced his candidacy for president.

The issue gained prominence earlier this month when Hillary Rodham Clinton's campaign forced the resignation of two Iowa volunteer coordinators who had forwarded e-mails that falsely tried to tie him to Islamic jihadists.

The Illinois Democrat - whose middle name is "Hussein" - was born in Hawaii and moved to Indonesia at age 6 to live with his mother and stepfather, who was Muslim. He left Indonesia when he was 10 and returned to Hawaii to live with his mother's parents.

Obama's background re-emerged Sunday when former Nebraska Sen. Bob Kerrey, who had just endorsed Clinton, referred to Obama's Muslim side of the family in an interview with The Washington Post. The remarks were part of a generally complimentary assessment of Obama.

"It's probably not something that appeals to him, but I like the fact that his name is Barack Hussein Obama, and that his father was a Muslim and that his paternal grandmother is a Muslim. There's a billion people on the planet that are Muslims and I think that experience is a big deal.'' Kerrey added, "He's got a whale of a lot more intellectual talent than I've got as well.''

At the church on Sunday, Obama shared a pew with Joann Hardy, one of his Mason City precinct captains, and her husband, Russ, and their family.

He also participated in a church tradition of tossing mittens onto a bare Christmas tree. He joked that as a basketball player, the toss should not pose much of a challenge.

His first underhand throw hit mid-tree. His second was close to the top, and elicited a cheer. But his mitten was quickly overwhelmed by colorful hats, scarves and gloves tossed onto the tree by the other congregants.

At a later stop in Algona, he was asked whether he would convene a council of spiritual and ethics advisers to guide him as president.

"It is important for me to have people that I trust, that I can talk to,'' he replied. "Obviously, part of that is my religious life, my spiritual life as a Christian, a member of the Trinity United Church of Christ. Part of that is being surrounded by people who are not a bunch of yes men.''

Obama's campaign has made a point of reaching out to religious voters. It has held 16 meetings in Iowa as part of a faith outreach program it is undertaking in all primary states. Aides stressed that those efforts are unrelated to the false Muslim e-mails.

The last time Obama addressed a church gathering was in June when he spoke to the United Church of Christ convention of Iowa in Fort Dodge.

Sunday's stops across northern Iowa were part of a six-day tour with 23 events in 22 counties.

Comment

That doesn't sound like an insulting description from Kerrey at all; quite the opposite in fact. It's sad that merely being associated with the word "Muslim" is seen as such a kiss of death for politicians that they send rebuttal machines into operation as though they'd been accused of a sex scandal or something.

V

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X