The drug Exubera looks like an expensive flop for Pfizer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

....and if u barf ... jk

thanks for that info, amal -- bas i'm so confused now. I'm gonna go ask my mama

Comment

Great information habib! Thanx for sharing Cheba let me just rephrase one critical statement:

You may be able to stop taking diabetes pills if you lose weight.
      this is a very general statement. one can easily get misinformed.

"losing weight" is not what tips the scale to permit a Type II Diabetic to stop taking their medication. Losing weight leads to better absorption of insulin by the body thereby effectively regulating blood glucose levels more so than overweight individuals- who's cells have less of a response to insulin.

when a Diabetic's body has a better response to insulin (by exercising, keeping fit and healthy, and avoiding becoming over weight like you mentioned above) then it is safe to reduce the intake of metformin/glyburide/glipizide, even to stop taking the medication all together if the body is working well absorbing the insulin and balancing blood glucose levels before and after meals.

tootles,
      Last edited by Cheba_Mami; 22nd April 2007, 04:46.
      It seems as if one fails to conceive
      The meaning my name strives to achieve

To a biological form you cannot relate-
      Because a reproductive cell is a gamete not gamate!

It means to unite, -to become consolidated
      So without me in a.com, is there hope we'd be amalgamated?

Comment

damn amal --- whatever career path ur on now... leave it and get you booty to med school!!

Comment

Originally posted by amalgamate View Post
          Great information habib! Thanx for sharing Cheba let me just rephrase one critical statement:

this is a very general statement. one can easily get misinformed.

"losing weight" is not what tips the scale to permit a Type II Diabetic to stop taking their medication. Losing weight leads to better absorption of insulin by the body thereby effectively regulating blood glucose levels more so than overweight individuals- who's cells have less of a response to insulin.

when a Diabetic's body has a better response to insulin (by exercising, keeping fit and healthy, and avoiding becoming over weight like you mentioned above) then it is safe to reduce the intake of metformin/glyburide/glipizide, even to stop taking the medication all together if the body is working well absorbing the insulin and balancing blood glucose levels before and after meals.

tootles,
          salam amalgamate, of course but thats what i meant, everything has to be carefully checked by the doctor, checking with own teststrips for glucose levels in the blood is not enough. (those strips are not far from the actual glucoselevel.) I know people who have been able to stop medication after loosing weight and thats of course due to a better distribution of insulin, thats just a small part of the story.

It is a pity some type 2 diabetic persons give up and think they can't be cured. Not all can, but some people just can have the desired results.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X