Pandora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pandora

Have you tried tea with cardamom and cinnamon? I tried it at a friend's place and I liked it. Her husband is Syrian & that's how she learnt how to make it.

Oh I found out that drink it's not tea at all It's called jellab it's a Lebanese traditional drink made with raisins and sprinkled with pine nuts, it's delicious.

Turkish apple tea is lovely they call it Elma Çay,it comes as a powder and it's very refreshing, you'll findplenty of it on the internet, or Harringay

That idea you suggested sounds like chai, which is traditional in pakistan, Somalia and many other places as it says here, recipes differ though so the version they give is not the only one

http://www.congocookbook.com/c0055.html

This site gives a huge variation of ideas for chai

http://www.odie.org/chai/recipes.html

Comment

Originally posted by Amina-DZ
      Have you tried tea with cardamom and cinnamon? I tried it at a friend's place and I liked it. Her husband is Syrian & that's how she learnt how to make it.

I tried the Ginger and cinnamon but not cardamom. I think you can get it in the supermarket, right?

I am not a big tea drinker myself, I like to have it when out after a meal...

I see in the Cuisine section that you are a good cook, so I will try and get some tips off you...

[Edited by pandora on 27th March 2006 at 04:45]

Comment

Originally posted by pandora
        I tried the Ginger and cinnamon but not cardamom. I think you can get it in the supermarket, right?

I am not a big tea drinker myself, I like to have it when out after a meal...

I see in the Couisine section that you are a good cook, so I will try and get some tips off you...
        I don't know if we can get it in supermarkets. Small shops more like it perhaps.

I know my friend put some tea leaves in a tea pot then she rinsed them with boiling water like we do when we prepare mint tea, Then added about 6 cardamom pods and a small (~ 2 inch) cinnamon stick. Then added boiling water.

I like mint tea but now I feel like trying new teas since I tried the one I mentioned above

Comment

Originally posted by Jannah
          Oh I found out that drink it's not tea at all It's called jellab it's a Lebanese traditional drink made with raisins and sprinkled with pine nuts, it's delicious.

Turkish apple tea is lovely they call it Elma Çay,it comes as a powder and it's very refreshing, you'll findplenty of it on the internet, or Harringay

That idea you suggested sounds like chai, which is traditional in pakistan, Somalia and many other places as it says here, recipes differ though so the version they give is not the only one

Jannah, how do you make a drink from raisins?

Have you tried any of those in the links you gave? Tea with cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, ginger root, black pepper corns, and bay leaves!! Sounds veeery rich!

Comment

Azul Amina,

How you been? Longtime no see. I suggest you try Anis Tea

Comment

She meant wine

Comment

Originally posted by MrMeaner1
                Azul Amina,

How you been? Longtime no see. I suggest you try Anis Tea
                Busy, I need to get many things finished soon. How are you? Are you still in the US?

Comment

She meant wine
                  mmm wouldn't that be grapes?

Comment

I'm fine. I'm still but getting there. Looks like the weather isn't that great in the U.K since you are in.

Comment

I see in the Couisine section that you are a good cook, so I will try and get some tips off you...
                      I try I got many cookery books from Algeria this year, so if you desperately need a recipe, just ask, I might have it

Comment

I'm fine. I'm still but getting there. Looks like the weather isn't that great in the U.K since you are in.
                        It's grey today but I got used to UK weather. I always go home in Summer to get my dose of sunshine

Comment

Have you tried any of those in the links you gave? Tea with cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, ginger root, black pepper corns, and bay leaves!! Sounds veeery rich!

Mmm that chai recipe sounds a bit odd, try spice imperial by whittards, it's addictive

I don't know how they make it from raisins, I only just found out myself and haven't found a recipe yet, and no MM it's not alcoholic!

Comment

I try I got many cookery books from Algeria this year, so if you desperately need a recipe, just ask, I might have it

You have my e-mail address

Comment

I don't know how they make it from raisins, I only just found out myself and haven't found a recipe yet, and no MM it's not alcoholic!

Doesn't sound like something I'd like. Too sweet!!

Jallab Syrup

Ingredients: dates & raisins, extract, sugar, rose water, encent, caramel, citric acid, natural flavor, color FD&C-40. Natural, no preservatives.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X