Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Cards In Algeria

Hi everyone
    Does anyone of you know if it is possible to have a credit card when having an account with an algerian bank?. Can that card be used in the USA for example? if there is which bank is it.please.
    Or
    Does anybody know of an international bank that has a branch in algeria ? preferebly with another branch in britain.
    I just need a credit card to use online . Please help!!!

Not all the Algerian banks offer credit cards, and those who do offer national credit/debit cards (not related to the Visa, American express or Eurocard networks) so I am not sure u can use them online.
    And there are a few international banks with offices in DZ. I don't know of any british ones though. The French BNP has a branch in DZ and it has an association agreement with a british bank but I can't record its name

Comment

Originally posted by anaaa
      Hi everyone
      Does anyone of you know if it is possible to have a credit card when having an account with an algerian bank?. Can that card be used in the USA for example? if there is which bank is it.please.
      Or
      Does anybody know of an international bank that has a branch in algeria ? preferebly with another branch in britain.
      I just need a credit card to use online . Please help!!!
      Hi, I am not sure I understood your concern about the use of the credit card. To be able to help you, I will need to know the following:
      Where do you live and what is the location of the item to purchase?

Comment

I tried my barclays card and the machines would not recognise it - I remember thinking how rubbish are these banks if they cant even take a barclays card.

Comment

U mean barclays cards are the reference?

Seriously speaking our banking system is years behind todays standards and we need a lot of time and big effort to make it up to date.
          The banks are making the first steps though, having their own cards, national cards that is, and once these work with enough cash machines, they can sign agreements with Visa and co... so that international cards could be accepted.
          It's time consuming and I think we are not going so fast. Unfortunately this is something that discourages the foreign investors (not the cards stuff but the banking system)

Comment

Originally posted by phylay
            U mean barclays cards are the reference?

Well I have been to many many countries Alhamdullilah, and every single one has allowed me to use my barclays card in the wall except for Algeria where literally not one single machine allowed me, I remember driving round with my cousin and I really needed some money so he literally drove me to every single cash machine we could find in central Algiers and nothing, nada, useless.

Comment

Originally posted by ElHenni
              Well I have been to many many countries Alhamdullilah, and every single one has allowed me to use my barclays card in the wall except for Algeria where literally not one single machine allowed me, I remember driving round with my cousin and I really needed some money so he literally drove me to every single cash machine we could find in central Algiers and nothing, nada, useless.
              Again, many cash machines work only with local cards and even with specific bank local cards... It'll take time before u can use your cards in DZ

Comment

I was at a machine and tried it once so I thought let me try one time and all the guys in the que went mental, such bad tempers Algerians have, they grabbed the card from me and were like it doesnt work so stop wasting out time and then they were like and this card isnt even for this bank - I tried to explain but they didnt seem to understand the concept of one card being used in different machines.

But those machines make people crazy - they were ready to fight me over waiting a few extra seconds - nutters.

Comment

So much for American Express accepted everywhere

Comment

I dont know if this helps or not but Citibank has a branch in Algeria. French bank Societe Generale also has lots of branches in Algeria.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X