How do you resolve conflicts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you resolve conflicts

with someone you love (spouse, parent, sibling, children)?. I personnally tell it like it is. I try to be as honest and direct as I can be, but I am finding out that truth can hurt people who are very dear to me and being direct is not always helpful. Wach atkoulou ya djmaa?
    A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty - Mark Bradford.

If the person is dear to me I let her / him "win"

Exception : when he/ she is very wrong

Comment

Originally posted by El_Djazaïr
      If the person is dear to me I let her / him "win"

Exception : when he/ she is very wrong
      Your solution is nice and humble, but don't you feel a bit hypocrite when your actions and feelings are not the same, just to please others?
      A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty - Mark Bradford.

Comment

I usually try to reason with them and explain logically, I have the gift to simplify things until we both laugh about them...but if they're very wrong and start to bug me I just walk away and leave it until we're both calm.....only if they're dear to me, if it's someone I don't really care about, I will leave them in their ignorance.

It took me a LONG LONG time to learn this though!! I could never walk away from an argument before, especially when I know am right!
        Nectar77

Comment

Originally posted by Yazou
          don't you feel a bit hypocrite when your actions and feelings are not the same, just to please others?

At all
          If I choose to let them "win" at a certain level I accept their wish, so no place for bein hypocrite
          At least this is how I see it...

Comment

It's easier to tell the hard ugly truth to someone your level or higher... like a parent/friend/spouse... Because they will listen to you and respect your opinions and critizism. However, it's a pain in the neck to tell someone like a younger sibling/cousin that they're doing something wrong (especially if they like what they're doing). Because they just put their hands over their ears and say "lalala I can't hear you" or "Shut up, what makes you so knowledgable??"

*Sigh* I guess for those immature people, you have to approach them in a sneaky way and try to fix the problem step by step until in the end, they realise their mistake without you telling them...

Comment

How about avoiding conflicts versus facing them head first and dealing with the conscequences?

Comment

What type of conflicts are you talking about, yazou? Methods of avoiding conflicts depend on the type of situation you're trying to evade...

I say, if there's a conflict that you see needs fixing (but you are ABSOLUTELY certain that if you get involved in it, you won't get hurt *emotionally, etc...* in any way) then go ahead and "dive head first". If there's someone that's just so messed up and he/she might possibly mess you up with them if you interfere... then I say steer clear and try to find someone stronger (or more knowlegable) to help them.

As for avoiding conflict -- Just follow Allah's laws and you'll be fine... (unless ur talking about government conflict of course... )

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X