Life is like riding a bicycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life is like riding a bicycle

Azul Pandora: Is life like riding a bicycle???

Riding a bicycle is so difficult at the beginning you need your dad to hold you and help you on, you will fall and bruise and get back on!

Life is easy for a child, children are cocooned by their parents and life is a ride in the park true!….but as we get older…it becomes more like riding a motorbike! Difficult and dangerous!!

Would you agree? Or do you have a different view?
    Nectar77

I opened a similar thread some months back, it will b interesting to see the differences between Pandora's old and new answer (don't cheat Pandora )
    Here are ten reasons why life is like riding a bicycle

1. You need balance. If you lean too far to one side, you'll fall off.
    Regarding character traits, Maimonides writes "that a person should follow the golden 'path of the middle' and not lean towards one extreme or the other."
    It's important to always pay attention to where you're leaning.
    2. Get back up again!
    It's not falling down that determines your worth; it's whether or not you get back up.
    3. In the beginning you stumble, but with more experience you can really get far!
    Life is a series of learning from your mistakes. That's how you learned to walk and talk. And it's how you grow in life.
    4. If you look at the ground instead of looking up ahead, you'll lose your balance and crash.
    In life, it's easy to live in your own little bubble, consumed with yourself. You not only disconnect from the world, you ultimately disconnect from yourself. Look up and outside yourself. Connect to the world outside of you. Only then can you flourish.
    5. When the road throws you a curve, go with it!
    When a turn is coming up, you lean with the curve. You don't fight it and go the other way.
    Life sometimes throws you curves too, and in order to remain on top, you need to go with the flow. If a tragedy happens, accept its pain, and go with God's larger plan which is for the ultimate good!
    6. A bike helps you get to where you need to go.
    Some people ride bikes just for the thrill of it. And some people believe that life just for the thrills. They don't realize they have places to get to.
    A bike is a tool - it's not the end goal. You're supposed to get to someplace with your life. Be clear on your destination, and if you use it well, you can really get far!
    7. A bike doesn't move on its own.
    Life and bicycles need people to operate them. Without a person behind the handlebar, guiding and making choices, it just won't go anywhere!
    8. When you get really good, you can do wheelies!
    After you've been riding a bike for so long, you can start doing the special stuff.
    Life is like that also. Once you get the hang of who you are and where you're going, you can pop some big miracles too!
    9. Bicycling gives you muscles.
    Life toughens you up, especially if you ride up hills. Riding down a hill may be fun and exciting, but only riding up the hill strengthens your muscles.
    10. You can't do it forever.
    Some people wish they could live forever. Some people believe it. But just like riding a bike, your body eventually wears out, and you need to go home.
    The important thing is that you enjoy the ride, and you get to where you need to go!

PS: Not read the reasons yet
    Avant d'ecrire il faut savoir lire,
    et avant de parler, il faut savoir ecouter
    Par El Bachir El Ibrahimi

Comment

Originally posted by Mnarvi-DZ
      I can see why!! I will give it a go...but my attention span is as good as an 8 year old's
      Nectar77

Comment

Originally posted by Nectar77
        Azul Pandora: Is life like riding a bicycle???

Riding a bicycle is so difficult at the beginning you need your dad to hold you and help you on, you will fall and bruise and get back on!

Life is easy for a child, children are cocooned by their parents and life is a ride in the park true!….but as we get older…it becomes more like riding a motorbike! Difficult and dangerous!!

Would you agree? Or do you have a different view?
        well my original view was that before you learn how to ride a bicycle, you fall down, bruise yourself and so is life you stumble, you make mistakes, you get hurt before you learn how to live it, and even with some experience you can never master things for there are so many variables and you are not always the master or rather you are hardly the master of things...

Also if you want to keep moving/not fall off, you have got to keep cycling...

Some of Manrvi's reasons are spot on, the analogy is quite good.

I like reason 8, we were ust talking about that the other day, me, manrvi and MM

Comment

Originally posted by pandora

I like reason 8, we were ust talking about that the other day, me, manrvi and MM
          Wonder how many in the world did reach this level! probably a minority. The majority certainly struggles to reach the destination with a broken bicycle on a mountaneous road.

Btw, any updates on your new bicycle?

Comment

Hey Pandora, so you ARE serious about the bicycle!! I thought it was just a signature thing

I rode my bike into work today, bloody freezing and WINDY, my hands were frozen by the time I made it to work (yes even with cycling gloves) ....

Never again...maybe in the summer, I'll start again
            Nectar77

Comment

Wonder how many in the world did reach this level! probably a minority. The majority certainly struggles to reach the destination with a broken bicycle on a mountaneous road.

Some people have a good bicycle but they do not like to take risks ...

No new updates , working on it though

Comment

Originally posted by Nectar77
                Hey Pandora, so you ARE serious about the bicycle!! I thought it was just a signature thing
                It is signature but it is supposed to represent your thoughts

Comment

And so does mine

I agree, many ppl don't like taking risks (like joining in a meeting ), and this makes cycling so boring, and some go so fast that they don't enjoy the landscape and don't stop for some rest.

Comment

I agree, many ppl don't like taking risks (like joining in a meeting ), and this makes cycling so boring .
                    Really, poor them , their life is so miserable if they refuse to take risks like these

Comment

What can you tell about me from my signature! hmmmmmm
                      Nectar77

Comment

that you like Nectarine? 77 must be a special number....

Comment

I opened a similar thread some months back, it will b interesting to see the differences between Pandora's old and new answer (don't cheat Pandora )
                          Here are ten reasons why life is like riding a bicycle

1. You need balance. If you lean too far to one side, you'll fall off.
                          Regarding character traits, Maimonides writes "that a person should follow the golden 'path of the middle' and not lean towards one extreme or the other."
                          It's important to always pay attention to where you're leaning.
                          2. Get back up again!
                          It's not falling down that determines your worth; it's whether or not you get back up.
                          3. In the beginning you stumble, but with more experience you can really get far!
                          Life is a series of learning from your mistakes. That's how you learned to walk and talk. And it's how you grow in life.
                          4. If you look at the ground instead of looking up ahead, you'll lose your balance and crash.
                          In life, it's easy to live in your own little bubble, consumed with yourself. You not only disconnect from the world, you ultimately disconnect from yourself. Look up and outside yourself. Connect to the world outside of you. Only then can you flourish.
                          5. When the road throws you a curve, go with it!
                          When a turn is coming up, you lean with the curve. You don't fight it and go the other way.
                          Life sometimes throws you curves too, and in order to remain on top, you need to go with the flow. If a tragedy happens, accept its pain, and go with God's larger plan which is for the ultimate good!
                          6. A bike helps you get to where you need to go.
                          Some people ride bikes just for the thrill of it. And some people believe that life just for the thrills. They don't realize they have places to get to.
                          A bike is a tool - it's not the end goal. You're supposed to get to someplace with your life. Be clear on your destination, and if you use it well, you can really get far!
                          7. A bike doesn't move on its own.
                          Life and bicycles need people to operate them. Without a person behind the handlebar, guiding and making choices, it just won't go anywhere!
                          8. When you get really good, you can do wheelies!
                          After you've been riding a bike for so long, you can start doing the special stuff.
                          Life is like that also. Once you get the hang of who you are and where you're going, you can pop some big miracles too!
                          9. Bicycling gives you muscles.
                          Life toughens you up, especially if you ride up hills. Riding down a hill may be fun and exciting, but only riding up the hill strengthens your muscles.
                          10. You can't do it forever.
                          Some people wish they could live forever. Some people believe it. But just like riding a bike, your body eventually wears out, and you need to go home.
                          The important thing is that you enjoy the ride, and you get to where you need to go!

ok good, we know the reasons now

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X