Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids

Salams All!!

Okie dokie - I'm in a really "kid tolerant" mood.... dreamin of diapers, singing "mama zamanha gaya"... haha, just kidding...

Yeah, so post kiddie stuff here - pictures, songs, videos, anything!

Here goes:

Kathem Al Saher - Al Benaya

hahaha. I love this song. it reminds me of my little sister. she loves dressing up, as a matter of fact, she could be in my room right now looking for makeup.

Comment

it reminds me of my little cousins --- i remember one time i was in syria and i went to check on my 4 year old cousin and i found her face covered in red lipstick- and she bit off the rest of the lipstick, chewed it up and spit it on the bed.... omg what a SIGHT to see...

Comment

try fixing a bathroom flooded in water while finding little one playin in the sink. ... living on the second floor of an appt ain't such a comforting feeling when ya got a flood
        It seems as if one fails to conceive
        The meaning my name strives to achieve

To a biological form you cannot relate-
        Because a reproductive cell is a gamete not gamate!

It means to unite, -to become consolidated
        So without me in a.com, is there hope we'd be amalgamated?

Comment

lol - i actually know what u mean... my aunt lives on a second floor apartment and she has not one, not two - but THREE extremely mischievous kids... they're so out of control that their craziness drove me to tears once...

Comment

Not long ago, I flew with American Airlines and next to me sat a woman with her 3 year old son. The brat, was abnoxious, screaming, moving non-stop... it was one of the worse flights I ever took. I almost went to the back of the place and sat on the floor (the flight was fall).... kids, sometimes thet can drive you nuts, but they are kids, what can we do.
            A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty - Mark Bradford.

Comment

lol - EVERYTIME I go on an airplane (twice each summer) I always end up sitting near a lady w/ a small kid or an old guy reeking of B.O. and stale alcohol.

This summer back from Syria, my sister and I were lucky to sit next to a nice Syrian lady - who apparently lived near us - and had a 1 year old baby boy on her lap. At first he annoyed the hell out of us, but then after we got in a few hours of rest, we started playing with him and we helped the lady w/ him when she needed to get up or feed him.

Comment

a while back when we left for syria as well, there was a lady with 3 kids on the plane with us who was also headin in the same direction Her kids were driving her nuts and so i recall my sisters and I kept the rascals busy. In London, our waiting time got extended to 12hours. so my dad decides to go out into the city and take a tour. We took the lady and her kids with us and ... the Bent and her family

remember BB? that was back in the late 1990's

it's funny how during a 24hr flight trip we could become really good friends to an individual or family we meet (as if we've known them for a lifetime) and once we arrive at our destination and everyone goes their own ways.... they are never seen again.

Comment

hahaha - no i don't remember that lady - the only thing i remember about that AWESOME summer is this:

I got to go to Syria w/ my best friends
                  Hafez Al Assad died and all we'd hear in Syria was "bil ro7, bil dam, nifdeeka ya bashar"
                  We would make da Syrians go crazy by talking in english to their faces

Comment

oh yeah, that summer was very awkward. once we got our of the airport and into the 'autocars' with the family, we drove home and all along the way there were endless pictures of Hafez al Assad on buildings and signs- covering every inch of syrian grounds and sky!

in the van as we were chatting away gleefully, i noticed the endless banners and posters and like a dummy i openly asked my cousins 'Why the over exaggeration?'- omg they practically chocked me do death on my first day's arrival...

now i know never to 'speak my mind' abt the prez in public. even if he'd loooong died

Comment

Haha - dumbo... speaking of kids - one time my sister said "omg - your hair is like an assad" and the little kid was like "SHUUUUUUTTTTTTTTT UUUPPPPPP"... we were SO confused - but the kid told us that if we even say the name, someone can rat on us and twist what we said to a possible "revolution" plot

i still love syria though ... so we can't say "assad" who gives a damn

Comment

Ramadan Sanadi

Comment

*that Is Tooo Cute!*

Comment

Originally posted by Al-khiyal View Post
                            Ramadan Sanadi

I'm saving this song for my kids ... SO FREAKIN CUTE!! Shukran!

Comment

It’s shocking what kids say…
                              (my experience with two little girls at an elementary school)

During recess for the kindergartners today, I found little one crying. I went up to her, hugged her and asked “What’s the matter?” She said she misses her mom. So I started talking to her trying to get her attention away from thinking about her mom and I began pointing out some things she can play with, a swing I could push her in, a slide she can slide down from, tricycles she could ride. She didn’t want to play and she cried even more this time grabbing on to my pant leg and hiding her face. I stroked her head told her that her mom will come to pick her up soon, once school is over. (It was going to be over in 1hr.) It didn’t seem to comfort her and she kept close to me. Then a young brunette girl came and said, “no I think her grandmother picks her up from school.” Then I got an idea to let them play together since the brunette seemed quite sympathetic and considerate about her classmate. So I asked the little one wrapped around my leg if she’d like to play with the brunette for the remainder of the recess. The brunette shook her head first and said, “I’m not her friend! I’m her sister.”

I was like- oh! Well, you two are sisters then? She affirmed and so did the one hugging me. She released me then, and looking up to me began naming her other sisters and then their 7 or 8 pets that they kept. I listened attentively, happy that the little one stopped crying.

Their cute conversation started getting a little too personal though and they were blurting out family issues I was shocked to know!

First off, the brunette said that she has a different mother than the blond-haired girl that I was comforting. (but they have the same dad) (I couldn’t help being perplexed about the strange similarity in their age. Remember, these ‘sisters’ are both in kindergarten)… While the brunette was looking down at the ground she said that both their moms died. I was like- wha?! You’re moms died?

Then the blond one yells at her sister correcting her saying that their moms didn’t “die”, they’re just not home… all the time.

So the brunette, shook her head at me(as if brushing off what she had just told me and erasing it) and then reiterated her statement, this time saying ‘our moms are at work all day’. Her sister nodded in agreement and added- ‘that’s what grownups do, they work’

My eyes did all the reaction but I kept silent. Then one went off topic and talked about how when there is no one at home to ‘save them’ from bad guys, the dogs do. The brunette, went on to say that one time a bad guy once tried to ‘kill them’ but their dog bit him and he ran off. (I kinda figured from this point she was exercising her imagination about the bad man-super-dog story)

it wasn’t long before recess ended and all the kids had to line up to get back to class. The little girl was out playing, and alhamdulillah she didn’t fret about her mom anymore.

I’m telling ya these kids gave me a shock… it’s really sad to know what may be going on at home.

*sigh

but don't you just adore a child when they're crying and cling on to you for comfort?

Comment

Working...
                              X