Child custody and divorce in Algerian culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child custody and divorce in Algerian culture

hi, i'm married to an algerian man, we have one child. we are currently separated and i have been to a solicitor to start divorce proceedings. i am requesting custody of our son but fear that if it is decided in a court of law that i am to have sole custody my husband will not abide by the courts wishes. my husband leads a very dishonest life, takes part in criminal activities and has talked of abduction. he took everything I had financially.What is your opinion. Do you imagine someone like this abiding by a court decision.
    Thanks

It would be interesting to have witnesses to your husband's criminal activities, photos ? and his dishonest life , this will only help you in the courts . i'm sorry , i wish you all the best .
    Friendship

[60:8] GOD does not enjoin you from befriending those who do not fight you because of religion, and do not evict you from your homes. You may befriend them and be equitable towards them. GOD loves the equitable.

[60:9] GOD enjoins you only from befriending those who fight you because of religion, evict you from your homes, and band together with others to banish you. You shall not befriend them. Those who befriend them are the transgressors

Comment

Ouch!

Hello Allgerian,

Your situation sounds painful, and I hope that things are becoming clearer for you, day by day, step by step. Be brave!

If you are in the U.S. and would like a listening ear and perhaps legal support contacts (depending on your situation), please contact me. I know women who have been in similar situations and can offer advice.

Take good care of yourself!

New_Friend

Comment

Sorry to hear that Allgerian, most Algerian men are good people with family values... you ex turned out to be the opposite. Protect your child and yourself from him, because he can be emotional especially if his family is involved in it as well. If you say he has been rubbing elbows with criminals, then make sure he does not have a plan in place to snatch the kid. Most of the Algerian guys (in the US) that I know who had divorces did not create problems and were mostly interested in the well being of their children, but I did not know any outlaws or criminals either!! Good luck and sorry for the kid.
        A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty - Mark Bradford.

Comment

i hope your child is young and won't remember him...

and Allah yi 3eenek with the divorce, i hope it goes as smoothly as possible.

I like what nesreen said - get some evidence against him... but be prepared that he might do the same (fake evidence)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X