Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passport problem - can anybody please help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my husband thinks this is a more negative one and that this perhaps allerted the authorities - my husband just said he lost his passport, produced his algerian id and was given a white one. If your husband did not then get the certificate of passing in Algeria, this will have ade it harder to apply for the passport. I am sure you will be able to untagle the passport situation very soon. Have you heard anything more?

Comment

PASSPORTS, STILL A PROBLEM IN 2009 !!

It took me 12 months to get my passport in the 1970s and after all these years it's still a problem?

On behalf of all decent Algerians, you have our sympathy. I hope your agonising hell will be over soon (or that it is by now). I was contemplating a visit over there in the medium future. Now, I'm not sure.

Comment

BACK2MYROOTS; I was contemplating a visit over there in the medium future. Now, I'm not sure.
        there are dozens of things that put me off in algeria like the 35 millions nuclear heads, el ouech ouach, shortage of water...and let's leave the well cover; but they don't stop me going to see my family, friends, the sun, the sea....from time to time i go back to my roots.

it is sad for the lady to be stuck in this situation and i wish her the best of luck but everybody knows that her husband could get his passport in one day. that is one of the reasons that i left my country.

Comment

thanks for your support guys - my husband is still there, still trying to sort it out. If you know anyone that can sort it out in one day please feel free to let me know!

Ive been there 4 times despite the troubles we are facing i do like Algeria its a beautiful country, just shame about some of the power hungry bureaucrats.

looks like i'll be goin over there in october

Comment

its almost 17 months now and he is still without a passport! is there anyone out there who can help? This does not leave me or my British friends with a good view of Algeria

Comment

I have a Moroccan friend who married an American woman, and in spite the marriage and then a first child, he was still deported. In this couple's case, the wife finally chose to go and live in Morocco for a few months (with no planned return date), along with their son. In addition to her moving there, friends from around the world submitted letters testifying of his good character. It was only after this intensive "campaign" and the couple's reunion that the Moroccan and American authorities finally agreed for him to return to the U.S. Bottom line....the best way you might be help get your husband back to the U.K. is to go and live there for a long while, show the community you live in that you are indeed a married couple, and hope that softens the attitude of the local police chief. If you, as the wife, demonstrate an ability to "assimilate" into Algerian culture (e.g., speak some Arabic or Tamazight, make friends, hang out with the women, interact favorably with your husband's family...), they are more likely to finally let him return.

Just a thought...

Best wishes for your reunion soon.

Comment

Look Bengy, problems happen and I can understand your frustration, but one thing that really is annoying to read all along your posts is: "This does not leave me or my British friends with a good view of Algeria."
                Great! It's like... who cares about your views or your Brit friends' views of Algeria? Answer: None. You can go on top of your roof and scream out that you don't think positively of Algeria but believe me, none cares whatsoever and certainly not Algerians so keep them for yourself or even better, get to organise some anti-Algerian meetings with your peeps if you wish to take out your frustration, none will care either.
                And if our countries are so backward, there is a reason and you can find it at your door.
                You made a choice, assume it, I have no asnwer for ya, I am even surprised at all this but anyways... again who knows what's behind all this really? None would know beside your husband and none seems to have any answer for you missy.

Comment

New_Friend - Bengy's husband being without his passport has nothing to do with whether she goes to Algeria or not, the only thing migrating to Algeria will do is let her be happy with her husband (yes this is important) and also put her in a horrific financial position (as she'd have to give up employment and then would have no chance of getting the UK visa in the end), I seriously doubt that it would have any bearing on her husbands passport at all. If the post was about 'when will he get a visa?' then you may have a point, but shes not able to get to that point of even asking about that until she gets a passport for him. My husband had previously suggested that her husband remove his application from the local town, and try in Algiers if possible by registering himself as living there etc (as this is what my husband did after he found out his brothers passport had taken roughly 12 months). Does anyone else have any other thoughts on this method? Or do you think that he should just keep his passport application in the town where he is? Should he contact the town hall and ask them specifically what the hold up is/how can he help? Or would that just annoy them more? I think perhaps Algeria is too large a country to ask people on this forum who she should specifically contact who is higher than the town police man, but perhaps a few constructive suggestions would be good?

Comment

Une grève de la faim ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tipaza View Post
                      Une grève de la faim ?
                      save up and find out who to give the "chippah" guaranteeing delivery of the passport> its no bloody wonder algerians are trying to leave algeria by any means. what a shameful administration

Comment

.... just as I suppose it's why the government is trying to keep them in.

Comment

Alhamdullilah, my husband is in the uk now safe and sound. Needless to say we wont be going back to Algeria any time soon. Once he got his passport it took less than a month to get his settlement visa and return.

Thank you guys for your support and advice, i could not have been as strong without you.

salaam

bengy

Comment

Originally posted by bengy View Post
                            Alhamdullilah, my husband is in the uk now safe and sound. Needless to say we wont be going back to Algeria any time soon. Once he got his passport it took less than a month to get his settlement visa and return.

Thank you guys for your support and advice, i could not have been as strong without you.

salaam

bengy
                            woooohoooooooo thats brilliant news for you !! God help you both at least there is some light in the darkest times!! wHAT I WANT TO QUESTION IS WHY MUST WE GO THROUGH THIS HELL BECAUSE WE CHOOSE TO MARRY SOMEONE WHO happened to be born in a different country?? It sucks big time
                            salaamaaaaaa

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X