X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations Felicity

Salam,

Do you have some news to share with us?

Yup Had my first (of many, God willing) Algerian/British mix little girl, 13 days ago. I was pondering putting a thread about it, but then I thought lots of people on here have children and don't go on about it, but maybe they would if they were a member of the site at the time their wee one was born...

I was just thinking about it the other day actually, in the short time I have been a member of this site, how much my life and view of things has changed, and what good support this site has been throughout these changes.

Comment

Congratulations! I wish you ll have as many Algerian/British mix as you would like to.

Comment

Dear Felicity

Congratulations! Why not share your joy with everyone. It's wonderful.
        Take care of yourself.

May you be blessed with as many chlildren as God thinks are best for you and the father.

Comment

al 7amdulillah w alf mabrouk, ya Felicity

Every good wish to you, your husband, your families and, of course, to your beautiful little daughter.

May your home be filled with many more blessings.

Comment

Congrats!

Hey! I was wondering what in the world Al-Khiyal was prompting us to when he started this thread as just titled "Felicity." Now I get it

Congratulations, Felicity, to you and your husband! May God bless your new daughter with His presence, protection, wisdom and peace throughout all of her precious life!

Sincerely,
            New_Friend

Comment

I like that the name on the thread got changed :P And thank you all for the nice comments

I do have a fairly random question though... our little girl has slightly dry skin, so I am using normal baby oil, but my husband keeps saying in Algeria they put olive oil on babies, is that true? He really wants to put olive oil on her...

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity View Post

I do have a fairly random question though... our little girl has slightly dry skin, so I am using normal baby oil, but my husband keeps saying in Algeria they put olive oil on babies, is that true? He really wants to put olive oil on her...
                Salam ya Felicity,

If you do a Google search under 'Olive oil babies skin' you'll find many, many entries where people have written about how good it is. But lurking among all the articles and posts there is also recent advice from a leading dermatologist that cautions against using it as it can damage a baby's sensitive skin. Maybe 'ask your midwife/doctor' and 'don't rush into any decision right now' is the best thing you could do. Fact-check before you make your mind up.

Comment

My biggest worry was the fact that she would smell funny... but now I think its definitely a bad idea -thank you al-khiyal. Obviously just because something has traditionally been used doesn't mean its safe or a good idea.

Comment

Felicity Al Khiyal is right do your own research, but you will probably find everything has its pros and cons including baby oil.
                    I personally used olive oil on my girls. I believed it had less chemicals. However everything should be used in moderation.

Comment

Koulesh mabrouk, Felicity ! (I would have done some youyous but my neighbours would think I've gone crazy!)
                      So your daughter is an Aries (like my son), they are the best people !

PS: I have just discovered this thread.

Comment

congratulations to you and your husband and both your families. May your child be a coolness for your eyes, may she grow up to be a happy, righteous person who brings happiness to all around her. Ameen.

Nobody i know has ever used baby oil or any other johnson & johnson products on their babies and neither do I. I use olive oil on my baby. The hospital that my baby was born in, advises all the parents to use olive oil, unless there is a medical reason not too.

Comment

Asalamu Alaikum,

Mabrook Falicity on the birth if your little girl, yes olive oil is the best for babies skin so please listen to dh he knows what he is talking about, my baby who is 2 months old now suffers from dry skin and i massage him daily with olive oil from Algeria and it seems to work , i also did it on my other 5 children and they drink it and all.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X