Henna ritual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henna ritual

Could anyone tell me what is the signification of the henna ritual o na wedding? Why does the bride has to do those paintings on her hands and legs? Wich is the signification?
    Do others that participate to the wedding has to do it? (It that what I saw in a documentary about a turkish wedding).

And one more question : what gifts are ussually bought for a traditional wedding? (Is a kabyle wedding ,to be more specific)

Thanks to whoever will have the answers to my questions.

Originally posted by evanescence

Could anyone tell me what is the signification of the henna ritual o na wedding? Why does the bride has to do those paintings on her hands and legs? Wich is the signification?
    Do others that participate to the wedding has to do it? (It that what I saw in a documentary about a turkish wedding).

And one more question : what gifts are ussually bought for a traditional wedding? (Is a kabyle wedding ,to be more specific)

Thanks to whoever will have the answers to my questions.

Henna is put not only on weddings but in many occasions.
    It is a kind of makeup for woman in many countries.
    Signification???to look beautiful I think.
    In a wedding almost all invited women put Henna.
    The gifts that can be given in a wedding are different :household appliances,clothes,money,food...
    PS:Henna is put differently from one region to another

Comment

I did not recognize that I am in the women corner.
      I was checking the Today active threads I found this thread so I answered ,is that ok?

Comment

Yes, Djamel, thanks a lot

Comment

JEEBUL HENNA

Comment

Have you tried thanni cha3rak nouha?

Comment

Originally posted by nouha
              JEEBUL HENNA

What does that mean?

Comment

After all noboby answered my quesstion : what is the signification?? It must mean something, innit? Not just for the look as Djamel said

Comment

I know Hindus do this as well, but I don't know the significance. Sorry

Comment

Thanks anyway Sweet__Pea

Comment

Sania might know, I think she's hindu. It's a really big deal too and the times that I've taken part it was fun

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet__Pea
                        Sania might know, I think she's hindu. It's a really big deal too and the times that I've taken part it was fun
                        Thanks for the tip.

Did you had to do it as well?

Comment

The times i've participated as I was a kid, so I'm sure i stuck my figures in the colours a few times

I think it was the bride and her mom, not sure though

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet__Pea
                            The times i've participated as I was a kid, so I'm sure i stuck my figures in the colours a few times

I think it was the bride and her mom, not sure though

I thought that all the young women have to do it as well

Comment

From a Hindu thing

One feature of the bride's wardrobe which has become popular abroad is the use of henna or mehndi to decorate her hands and feet.

It's said that you can tell how well a new bride is being treated by her in-laws from how long it takes for the mehndi to wear off.

Mehndi treatments are increasingly available in salons or you can get mehndi mix at any Indian grocery store for a do-it-yourself job. (But be sure to practice on paper first! Mehndi doesn't wash off.)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X