This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh oh I have another one....

My friend from Algeria gave me stuff to give to her brother who lives here in the UK, so I met him, gave him the stuff and then he invited me for a meal, so we went for a curry which I ended up paying for (the totality not just my share, not that I expected him to pay for me) and then he offered to give me a massage where did that come from? when he knew it wasn't gonna happend, he probably though to hell with her and he stole my money (£20) and left!!! Didn't even tell his sister on him but I was in chock for about a week after that..

There....happy now!
    Nectar77

Comment

Etiquette of dating? But khti Nectar, why do people date and not get married? Because there are NO rules, there is NO etiquette, if it had rules it would be called marriage.

You said it yourself, its not set on a stone or written down. Everybody knows this, he decided to date YOUR flatmate because he knows nothing will stop him. He is not your husband, you did not sign any contract with him, he did not give you mahr,... etc etc etc.

Of course what he did is completely wrong. And I am not going to get into a debate about dating and morality, I am just surprised that you found his actions shocking,... he is not your boyfriend anymore, whats stopping him from going to the next woman, your flatmate or any other woman.

Khokom.

Comment

Nectar

May b he wanted to look and behave like britons and this was the way he viewed them

I myself don't know any DZ man who would accept a woman pays for him...and more who would accept a woman pays for herself in his presence....
        Come on! even between us MEN, we all want to pay for everybody!!!

Comment

Originally posted by phylay
          Aha I see and understand.
          Just thought the need behind Amina's request was way more urgent than this one

na9am, this is a makeshift emergency response to what is evidently an urgent need. If this sticky can prove its usefulness perhaps admin will come to see what a valuable social service she would be performing by creating a section along the lines Amina envisages.

Comment

Originally posted by Khokom
            You said it yourself, its not set on a stone or written down. Everybody knows this, he decided to date YOUR flatmate because he knows nothing will stop him. He is not your husband, you did not sign any contract with him, he did not give you mahr,... etc etc etc.
            Khokom.
            Khokom, am familiar with your views on dating I know you don't approve/agree with it.
            Still though, even without marriage, people should have some decency and common sense that's all am asking.
            Nectar77

Comment

May b he wanted to look and behave like britons and this was the way he viewed them

I myself never met a DZ man who accepted a woman pays for him...and more who accepted a woman pays for herself in his presence....
              Come on! even between us MEN, we all want to pay for everybody!!!
              Precisely, I know that, Algerian men are so proud and generous...this one was a poor representation of DZ men...he should be burnt to the stick el mesfar and el mesmar...
              Nectar77

Comment

khti Nectar,

Dating has caused alot of damage because of this "no etiquette, no rules" business. How many broken hearts? How many cheated on their dating partners? How many teenage girls are left pregnant? How much did dating contribute to spread of diseases? How about psychological/depression problems and hurt feelings? And the list goes on....common sense? What common sense khti?

What stopped him from cheating on you when HE WAS DATING YOU? NOTHING. But a man with principles would never do that, because he will be a loving HUSBAND.

My views are based on principles, and they address REALITY as it is.

K.

Comment

khti Nectar,

Dating has caused alot of damage because of this "no etiquette, no rules" business. How many broken hearts? How many cheated on their dating partners? How many teenage girls are left pregnant? How much did dating contribute to spread of diseases? How about psychological/depression problems and hurt feelings? And the list goes on....common sense? What common sense khti?

What stopped him from cheating on you when HE WAS DATING YOU? NOTHING. But a man with principles would never do that, because he will be a loving HUSBAND.

My views are based on principles, and they address REALITY as it is.

K.
                  Oh come on Khokom....give me a break, are you saying that unless a man is married he will not be decent and loving, faithful to his women/wife???

He should have these traits regardless of his marital status, if he's a decent man with correct manners and good principles, he'll behave the same way with a women be it married to her or just dating her....

I appreciate what you're saying re: problems, diseases etc etc but that cannot be stopped just by stopping "the dating" phenomenon...people need to interact and meet to build trust and decide on this life changing decision that is marriage! do you expect people to just get married whithout meeting and discussing and ultimately dating?? are you prepared to do that?
                  Nectar77

Comment

How much did dating contribute to the spread of diseases?

What, for instance food poisoning if you have a dodgy fish course?

V

Comment

Originally posted by voltaire
                      How much did dating contribute to the spread of diseases?

What, for instance food poisoning if you have a dodgy fish course?

V
                      Don't tell me u have horror stories with DZ men???

Comment

Aya khlas, ay bdaat tekras el hala lahna, I am in the other thread. We'll continue this topic another time Nectar.

K.

Comment

Don't tell me u have horror stories with DZ men???
                          LOL, only Khokom. And then not in the dating context

V

Comment

Originally posted by voltaire
                            LOL, only Khokom

V
                            That was the only possible explanation for u to leave your usual sections

Comment

Aya khlas, ay bdaat tekras el hala lahna, I am in the other thread. We'll continue this topic another time Nectar.

K.
                              Ok Khou, will be here...
                              Nectar77

Comment

That was the only possible explanation for u to leave your usual sections
                                Not so, dude - I do occasionally post other than on Geopolitics, you know. If I'm in an exceptionally good mood...

V

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X