Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sassy, i am sorry to hear this girl, he does not love or respect you. And he lies to his family. All he cares for is a good image. a false image. A false man. Two things you can do:
    1. leave him, it is the best thing to do. am sure of that.

2. Work on this marriage if you find it worth it.....tell him, explain him how it should be, talk. Try to help him to stay clean/ get him off his addiction with professional help. Some men do change if they see life can be better. Chances are really small and a man can and only will change if he loves or respect you...

sorry girl, May God bless you.

Comment

marriage

Hi all,
      Thank you so much for the replys,I have decided to take the second option and work on my marriage I have showed my husband your replys and sat him down and told him if things dont change we will head to the lawyers office to start divorce proceedings.After a lot of talking,soul searching and crying on both parts were slowly but surely working things out in fact my husband is working now and earning a salary and is encouraging me to go back to college to complete my masters.
      Were looking on it as a fresh start and hopefully INSHA,ALLAH it will work out well.By the way guys when i married my husband he already had his French Passport,his mum is french.I think i could have had these problems with any man.I also think people these days give up too easily on there marriage.Well who am i too judge.Salam for now...
      Thanks again

Comment

alhamdulilah for that... i hope it gets better now and maybe you both will grow to love each other

Comment

Hi,

It is really sad to read about all the negative stories you ladies have experienced with Algerian men. You have to be realistic though and ask yourself why would a Muslim man want to be with a Western woman? What do they gain from it? What can you gain from them? Very few 'mixed' relationships work well and every day can be a challenge. Love, honour and trust go along way but compromise is the key. Do not be a doormat but also do not be a overly willfull. I wish you all good luck in your relationships and hope that not all Algerian men are as bad as some of these stories portray them to be. Western men are just as bad, this you must remember.

My Algerian husband and I have been to hell and back but we remain married and happy for 7years. Be careful with your life choices and treat yourself the way you would want someone else to treat you. And always, always have a plan B to fall back on. Men are should not be your only source of income, love or providers of self worth.

On another note, a woman is never responsible for her being violated, drunk or not. There is no excuse or point to place blame on the woman. A man has no right to violate a woman - EVER. Our bodies are our temples and only we can give permission to what happens to them.

My husband wanted me to mention that he is deeply saddened by this thread and wonders whether it is actually not more damaging than helpful. We wish you all the best. Remain vigilant and realistic. Be happy.

Comment

very true maktub, violating a woman is not acceptable EVER and NEVER
            I have once, seen an acquaintance of mine being bruised by her husband, like green and violet marks all over her chest and arms, i had tears rolling up in my eye and I wasn't even close to the girl, and yet i gave myself the permission to tell her LEAVE HIM and RUN FOR YOUR LIFE...later i knew she did.
            I can't really understand a man who would beat up a woman, how weak and psyched would he be? how imbalanced and horrible.
            And that didn't happen in Algeria, but in Lebanon...there are horror and horriblr stories from all over the world.And a women has to know that she has the right to deffend herself, and never forgive such a behavior, who would hit you once, will most likely do it again.

Comment

to maktoub:
              what do you mean by" men should not be the only source of love" I AM CONFUSED here????explain please.
              i would like to shut some people mouths as well to those that there is something wrong with us algerians.go and check how many refuges for battered women in england which is by the way the highest number in term of divorce in THE WORLD and how many french men kill their wifes(thousands a year).
              the lady who describe her husband as a "good for nothing"and smoke dope all day.well that's funny,my next door neighbour is worst,he is 32,smoke dope day and NIGHT,never done a day's work,screaming and fighting with his lady every day(in front of their children),grafting and dealing and he is ENGLISH.
              as for the person who asked why they choose and date algerians,well we are good looking and we can do better than a white man in the bed department.

Comment

um... that was all a bit random... especially the white man comment, and never mind the inappropriate nature of the very end of the sentence, which I would not have expected to see in the women's corner.

I suppose at least silkcut never mentioned scots :P

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity View Post

I suppose at least silkcut never mentioned scots :P
                  the scots are brave,warm & friendly and loyal to the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity View Post
                    um... that was all a bit random... especially the white man comment, and never mind the inappropriate nature of the very end of the sentence
                    miss felicity,what are you doing here is unfair,you are actually giving me 2 parking tickets instead of one.you could be a fierce prosecutor in court

Comment

Originally posted by silkcut View Post
                      to maktoub:
                      what do you mean by" men should not be the only source of love" I AM CONFUSED here????explain please.
                      i would like to shut some people mouths as well to those that there is something wrong with us algerians.go and check how many refuges for battered women in england which is by the way the highest number in term of divorce in THE WORLD and how many french men kill their wifes(thousands a year).
                      the lady who describe her husband as a "good for nothing"and smoke dope all day.well that's funny,my next door neighbour is worst,he is 32,smoke dope day and NIGHT,never done a day's work,screaming and fighting with his lady every day(in front of their children),grafting and dealing and he is ENGLISH.
                      as for the person who asked why they choose and date algerians,well we are good looking and we can do better than a white man in the bed department.
                      Can I ask who you are to shut anyone up? So by your last comment I guess you are a man? what are you doing snooping round the woman's corner? Also how do you know if algerian men are better in bed than "white men"? and as for better looking, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I am sick and tired of people generalising about people of different nationalities, religions etc. There are good and bad people all over the world no matter their background

Comment

I think perhaps silkcut was just trying to combat the thread for picking on algerian men (perhaps the actual thread doesnt, but the title might lead someone to believe, this is what it was about).

Also, to Silkcut, its Mrs Felicity :P

But the take home thought that my husband always says (maybe i've said it before), is that in a happy marriage, people don't need to talk about it, or divulge information on the internet etc, so you will always get a slurred view (especially in an Islamic marriage) as those who are in bliss stay shush, and only those who are unhappy make a noise, so for every 1 unhappy person, there could be millions more pleased as punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Tasha View Post
                          Can I ask who you are to shut anyone up? So by your last comment I guess you are a man? what are you doing snooping round the woman's corner? Also how do you know if algerian men are better in bed than "white men"? and as for better looking, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I am sick and tired of people generalising about people of different nationalities, religions etc. There are good and bad people all over the world no matter their background
                          with all my respects whoever you are,i am not snooping around the women's corner it just happened that i saw a headline titled "HORROR STORIES ABOUT ALGERIAN MEN". i ask you an honest question,could you give me an honest answer? if you see a headline like"HORROR STORIES ABOUT ENGLISH (or scot if you are scottich ,german if you german etc..) WOMEN" would n't you look into it (i would n't use the word snoop)??

if your answer is humble then i agree with you when you said "i am sick and tired of people generalising about people"

let's not be evasive am i wrong to say that the higest divorce rate in the world is in england??? and there are thousands of refuge homes for battered women.
                          am i wrong to say that in france in 2008 over 2000 women have been killed by their partner???
                          it is all right for you to generalise about us algerians but when someone tell FACTS about you, you go berserk. it's not fair.
                          i will give you my word that i will not came back to this thread as it is for ladies only. my apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by silkcut View Post

let's not be evasive am i wrong to say that the higest divorce rate in the world is in england???

am i wrong to say that in france in 2008 over 2000 women have been killed by their partner???
                            Yes, you are wrong to say that. England does not hold the world record for divorce rates. And your statistic for murders of women by their partners in France during 2008 sounds wildly improbable - where did you get that information from? A 2001 survey by the French Health Ministry reported that "In France, a woman dies of domestic violence every five days", a statistic that while still shameful is on nothing like the scale that you allege. I think if you look for solid, documented information you'll find that the annual average of such murders in France rarely reaches three figures, so 2,000 is a severe exaggeration and no matter how many times it might be posted it is clearly inaccurate. Men who abuse women don't suffer from some rogue 'nationalist gene', it is a global disease. And there are uncomfortable statistics on violence against women coming out of Algeria, researched, compiled and provided by Algerians, that no amount of finger pointing at other nationalities can make any less disturbing.

Comment

Originally posted by Al-khiyal View Post
                              Yes, you are wrong to say that. England does not hold the world record for divorce rates. And your statistic for murders of women by their partners in France during 2008 sounds wildly improbable - where did you get that information from? A 2001 survey by the French Health Ministry reported that "In France, a woman dies of domestic violence every five days", a statistic that while still shameful is on nothing like the scale that you allege. I think if you look for solid, documented information you'll find that the annual average of such murders in France rarely reaches three figures, so 2,000 is a severe exaggeration and no matter how many times it might be posted it is clearly inaccurate. Men who abuse women don't suffer from some rogue 'nationalist gene', it is a global disease. And there are uncomfortable statistics on violence against women coming out of Algeria, researched, compiled and provided by Algerians, that no amount of finger pointing at other nationalities can make any less disturbing.
                              since there are so many men following this thread i will break my promise.
                              yes, i've checked into google and england is not the highest divorce rate in the world ONLY 42,6%,almost 1 divorce in 2 marriages.this figure is far away from perfect.
                              when some english ladies considere us as violent maniacs,i have to tell them to old saying "practice what you preach.".
                              algerians football clubs were not banned by fifa for 5 years because of their animals behaviour.and this is not exaggeration go and check again.

Comment

I don't think any doctor ever cured his patients by telling them how sick everyone was everywhere else, eh? Can't we look at problems in Algeria and talk about them? Football violence? Algeria has it. Violence against women? Algeria has it. Sexual harassment of women and bullying in the workplace? Algeria has it. Sexual violence towards women? Algeria has it. No amount of talking about different statistics elsewhere can paper over these very real problems. Nobody is saying "all Algerian men are the same and all behave in the same way" but talking of British soccer hooligans is a kind of evasiveness that doesn't address real behavioural problems among some Algerian males - and ignores the very real, very current, pain of many, many, - too many - Algerian women today.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X