Converting after marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting after marriage

I was just interested to know, if most of the women who are currently battling the immigration, or have previously had to (meaning they are likely to be Western, or European and married an Algerian man), converting to Islam affter meeting their husbands? Or were they predominantly already Muslims? I was just really interested to kno about this.

I was born a Muslimah alhamdulillah but i'm not Algerian.

From my experience, the Algerian men who marry outside of thier own race, usually tend to marry European women. This also seems to be the case for most Arab men in general. I don't know why this is?

Comment

citizenship!!!!!!!!!

no, jk... well not really because that's mostly the reason - sad losers

Comment

citizenship!!!!!!!!!

no, jk... well not really because that's mostly the reason - sad losers
        Anyone who marries just to gain citizenship is a total loser and is also commiting something haraam. Do these men think that they will not have to answer to Allah becasue the woman they wronged was a non-muslimah?

Comment

these "men" don't fear Allah ... i'd be surprised if they even "believed" he existed, those dogs

Comment

Anyone who marries to gain something other than for love IS a looser, this is not exclusive to the Arabic race, Algerian race it happens everywhere in many different cultures, creeds, races.....I am sick of generalising on both counts ...its sad and also HARAM, I know of Algerians, Saudis, Tunisians, Moroccans, Lebanese, Syrians who have mixed marriages with European women and all are very happy and content some even say they prefer European women to Arabic women....as they know they are being married for true love and not for money and a better life abroad if they had married a cousin back home, and to be honest most Muslimahs who have come into the faith of Islam Europeans included seem to respect their faith more than those - who i see in the UK/USA/FRANCE - born in to the religion..
            Last edited by Mayissa; 17th December 2008, 21:22.

Comment

yeah you're right -- and sorry i didn't mean to generalize or offend you, but i'm just speaking on behalf of my convert muslim friends and their troubles w/ their fake husbands and citizenship issues. there are mixed marriages that are true and based on love, it's just i haven't seen many (if any) of them

Comment

I just was interested to know if most peoples husbands insisted that their wives converted, and if it were odd that mine did not, none of the various visa issues. Though I think Mayissa said before that visa people look badly slightly at interfaith marriages *eek*.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity View Post
                  I just was interested to know if most peoples husbands insisted that their wives converted, and if it were odd that mine did not, none of the various visa issues. Though I think Mayissa said before that visa people look badly slightly at interfaith marriages *eek*.
                  most of husbans I know (living in Algeria) do not give a big importance to this, when it is so essentiel for a muslim to get married with a believer ..

someone I know who got married with an australian told me that he didn't oblige his wife to become a muslim, he loves her and he always wished that one day she can be conviced....she was too curious and she was reading a lot and asking till she decided to become a muslim...he told me that now he feels that she is muslim better than him ! he is happy for her..

there are many who don't give importance to religion even for those who get married with women from the same country...nevertheless, religion is simply a couple of rules to be respected and applied by all human beings in this life

Comment

Originally posted by gn4dz View Post
                    most of husbans I know (living in Algeria) do not give a big importance to this, when it is so essentiel for a muslim to get married with a believer ..

someone I know who got married with an australian told me that he didn't oblige his wife to become a muslim, he loves her and he always wished that one day she can be conviced....she was too curious and she was reading a lot and asking till she decided to become a muslim...he told me that now he feels that she is muslim better than him ! he is happy for her..

there are many who don't give importance to religion even for those who get married with women from the same country...nevertheless, religion is simply a couple of rules to be respected and applied by all human beings in this life
                    yeah! it's much better to become a muslim out of your own choice, rather than being pushed into it for marriage purposes only.

Comment

Originally posted by Bent_Bladi View Post
                      yeah you're right -- and sorry i didn't mean to generalize or offend you, but i'm just speaking on behalf of my convert muslim friends and their troubles w/ their fake husbands and citizenship issues. there are mixed marriages that are true and based on love, it's just i haven't seen many (if any) of them

Nooooo you didnt offend me, but there is often this generalisation from most Arabic women that when an Arabic man marries a woman outside of their culture then its for citizenship purposes...................I mean in Algeria I have seen so many Algeriennes speaking badly of the European women in the street when they see them with Algerian men........its just stupid we are all people and all human at the end of the day.....there is good and bad in the world where ever you go..............I have heard of many Americans and British using people to get passports too.......

Comment

Originally posted by Bent_Bladi View Post
                        yeah! it's much better to become a muslim out of your own choice, rather than being pushed into it for marriage purposes only.
                        I was told a story in Algeria about an Algerian guy who married a European woman, she was not a muslimah and had no intention of becoming a Muslim........... he wasnt that religious either.........anyway after her first trip to Algeria she became very interested in Islam and ended up converting......completely her choice, the more she read the more she believed, it got to the point where she couldnt live with her husbands lack of commitment towards Islam - ended up leaving him as he didnt want to commit further to his religion and living the life of a true Muslimah....Mashallah

Comment

Originally posted by Mayissa View Post
                          I was told a story in Algeria about an Algerian guy who married a European woman, she was not a muslimah and had no intention of becoming a Muslim........... he wasnt that religious either.........anyway after her first trip to Algeria she became very interested in Islam and ended up converting......completely her choice, the more she read the more she believed, it got to the point where she couldnt live with her husbands lack of commitment towards Islam - ended up leaving him as he didnt want to commit further to his religion and living the life of a true Muslimah....Mashallah
                          i have a similar story --- a relative of mine, she's not so religious - started dating this britsh guy. well he became very insterested in islam and eventually converted. then they got married and mashaAllah her husband is even more religious than her -- HE teaches her what is right and wrong in islam and inshaAllah she'll get better soon

Comment

If I have to marry a European woman, I 'd prefer a non-converted, so that I'll get a good reward from Allah after being converted. I've been touring Europe for about years and met many women, yet never had the idea of marrying a woman to get a citizenship! I got married with bent bladi yet it ...

Comment

I know this is an older post but I have to say that it seems that everyone is different. If a man is very strict about his religion he 'may' look only for a Muslim woman I would think, or maybe someone he believes will convert. But not always. Sure there are marriages I know of where the husband does not expect his wife to convert. Every one is different. Same with the citizenship issue - sure some are not truthful or sincere and just looking for life in a new country, but that doesn't mean everyone is like that.
                              I am not married yet, however, for the record I converted before meeting my fiance. In our case I don't think the relationship would have got off the ground if that weren't the case.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X