English women with Algerian men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by salma
    ... I took the whole privacy, not giving too much away thing to mean shiftiness or hiding something. As it turns out I was wrong.
    Oh yes, been there too!!

I'll check other threads in the forum.

Thanks very much Salma

Comment

B2MR

-a Rolls Royce
      -a mansion (doesn't matter the number of rooms)
      -an oil well next door
      -a part of the moon
      -a cat (that will be thrown away once it grows too old)
      -maids
      -two holiday periods per year
      -the husband's bank account
      -a report of EVERYthing he's done during the day
      -... Don't know if anyone has anything else to add

or

-A Trustful MAN's man
      -a modest lifestyle would do
      -nothing else to add

And no no, you guys CAN live without us, you've been doing it for decades, nothing to be surprised about

If a man doesn't act like a man, then he's not a man, he's only what "appears" to be some kind of man, nothing more, so if that's the case, I don't think he should even marry because the wife is eventually going to step upon him like the soil she walks upon everyday. Don't misunderstand that with being violent, no it has nothing to do with violence but with being firm at times when it needs to and gentle, funny at times when it's needed. Having a balance is the key and understanding, yes women would prefer men who understand them without having to say a word. What else can I say guys, simply be MEN not some weirdos coming out of some next world wanting to take women's position in life... And anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong but I believe all Algerian women would zap on a man with the slightest feminine/gayish traits, it's more yack than anything else... Now you can do your hunting LOL I think I gave you enough to do with...

Comment

Mmmm, I hope you're not suggesting...Never mind. I think you got a bit carried away. But I understand.To be honest, the mere thought of an Algerian woman marrying outside 'the tribe' is almost...revolting, apart from a few exceptions. I know it's irrational, but that's how it is. I truly empathise and somewhat feel...guilty. Generalising is always unfair and often hurtful. Please don't make too many assumptions and hasten to come to false conclusions. As for men, yes they should act like men, provided they do not step out of line.

Comment

Suggesting what? Me just talking about general view of things me not mean anything else beside what me write, I go to the point, I don't turn around the pot nor do I give any different meaning between the lines, so don't worry I mean what I say word for word and what I was saying is that certain kind of men deserve a certain kind of treatment regarding what they are like. Decency would bring decency and Qb7 would get what it's supposed to get, this is my personal opinion.
          Yes generalising isn't right somehow, fingers are not the same and I know there are exceptions, I saw that back home and regarding marrying outside "the tribe" as you say, I don't think we really care, I knew a few Algerian girls who would marry only an Algerian, others would be open in marrying any other Arab and heard of others who thought they could be some chameleons turning white in London city lol... But as the say goes back home, 3arbi, 3arbi 7ata edha kan al colonel bn Dawud!
          And today, in this world, only a small percentage of men are real Men to be honest.
          And I did not mean to hurt or offend anyone.

Comment

Soften your heart a bit Jazaireya4ever . Life 's too short. I wish I could make you smile. Thanks for your thoughtfulness. [ I just read what you put for 'location' hahahaha ! al-feeren wil-batata!!] (lol)

Comment

Don't worry about me, I am cold as ice but in spite of that I laugh everyday, look that proves a lot, so I don't think I need anyone to "make me smile", I think you'd make me regret being alive more than anything else.

Comment

Wow, say no more!

Comment

Algerian women are a wide variety !
                  ... you have to consider the social and cultural background
                  ... then the country where we grew up and/or live
                  ... our "bleus à l'âme", "fêlures" (the cracks we have in our soul ??), past experiences
                  ... our ideas on life, men, our patriarcal society, etc

Comment

Thank God for that Tipaza!

Comment

I think you had less choice in the sixties or seventies... that may explain "your choice", Back2myroots. Now you have all sorts of Algerians, des plus Occidentaux/occidentales aux plus orientaux/orientales.

Comment

This has really turned around...from English women w Algerian men to arguments on Algerian women and men generallly. Hmm...what can I read into this??

Comment

Originally posted by salma View Post
                          This has really turned around...from English women w Algerian men to arguments on Algerian women and men generallly. Hmm...what can I read into this??
                          As an Algerian woman, it doesn't bother me (at all).

Comment

Here, I'll divert even further: Wouldn't it be nice if we could all sit around a table sipping green tea with mint and thrash out these arguments till bed time?! (lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Tipaza View Post
                              As an Algerian woman, it doesn't bother me (at all).
                              Yes well, I'm guessing that it's not actually a trend for Algerian men (or women) to look outside the country? I could be wrong...what do I know. Perhaps someone could enlighten me?

The troubles between men and women here are pretty much universal btw...not necessarily the standing on the street and calling out to each other (LOL), but differences in needs that become problems for not only beginning a marriage, but also end one. Sad, but men and women are different, there is no doubt.

@ Jazaireya4ever - there is a problem I believe in Australia also with men not being men. ):

I have pondered why there seems to be many women from the west turning to Islam while men don't seem to as much. Perhaps Western men are happy with their lot at the moment? Afterall an Aussie man can get married and his wife will be expected to do the majority of housework, have and raise children and most likely work as well. Why would he want to become Muslim and have a real responsibility to look after her (and their children) properly? See Jazaireya4ever...you're not the only bitter one!

I certainly never set out to marry an Algerian...but as a Muslim it's hard to find a partner here and alhamdulillah I happened to find a good man all the way over there. What to do?

Comment

Originally posted by BACK2MYROOTS View Post
                                Here, I'll divert even further: Wouldn't it be nice if we could all sit around a table sipping green tea with mint and thrash out these arguments till bed time?! (lol)
                                Yeah, kinda. Spare me the mint tea though, I tried it but couldn't stomach it.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X