No announcement yet.

English women with Algerian men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salma, you got most of my message wrong.
    I was exchanging views about Islam with you. NOT judging you (I don't know you).
    We have a certain amout of debates here about religion, and Islam in particular (talking about backgrounds, see ? I'm in France = I'm experiencing different things from what you are experiencing OBVIOUSLY).
    In REAL life, I would never be hostile to a revert ... but we are NOT in real life, we are trying to talk through a screen ...

Soooooo I was trying to tell you what religion meant TO ME and NOT what you are.
    But I don't think you will ever understand me NOW.

Have a good life with a good Muslim man. (full stop for me)

Comment

• Originally posted by salma View Post

It is simplistic and it does work when I"m out and about, in particular with children...some adults too. Ever get just too darn sick of putting up with peoples rubbish though Felicity?
      Not sick, just tired, so I go have a nice nap and then I can start again (smiling insanely).

Comment

• As-Salaamu alaikum my name is Julie and I have been married to my Algerian husband for 14 years alhamdulillah. I am English, I am a Muslim revert and I have been with my husband since I was 17 and we married when I was 19 - he is 3 years older than me. I will be going to Algeria for the first time soon inshaAllah.

Comment

• So long as you have a good relationship with your husband Julie, you will be fine inshallah.

Comment

• Can I just say from someone who has been married to an Algerian for 91/2 years and now divorced.
            Marriage is hard work and if you are from different cultures even harder. But with any relationship if you can communicate and put the effort in, it will work inshallah.
            Women and sisters out there, if you have trouble communicating before marriage it doesn't get easier, If you cant deal with any of his issues before marriage it isnt going to miraculously go away. Trust your instinct. If you have to self talk or convince yourself of something then ??????

And no I am not bitter.

Comment

• Salaam,

I am quite new to the forum, have recently got engaged to my Algerian man and hoping to get married in algeria before the end of the year...so much planning and sorting paperwork is a nightmare...but it will all be worth it. Inshallah...

Comment

• Originally posted by freemsj View Post
                Salaam,

I am quite new to the forum, have recently got engaged to my Algerian man and hoping to get married in algeria before the end of the year...so much planning and sorting paperwork is a nightmare...but it will all be worth it. Inshallah...
                Yes it is a nightmare to organise these things, particularly if you are in different countries. I'm sure you'll get there though. Patience and working away at it will get you there. If you are Muslim (sounds like you are) then I would suggest doing Istikhara prayer.

Comment

• Asalamu Alaikum, and Hello to all on this thread..

I am from Scotland and married to an Algerian man for nearly 12 years Alhamdulilah with 6 kids, the only thing that i would say that is difficult being married to an Algerian is the mentality and cultural differences,and sometimes the family too (sorry) as they can interfere to much in one's marriage, but apart from that it's great , like some have said you need to work a marriage and have patience which we Scottish women have lol... NOT!

On the Islamic side of things your Islam is based upon how you practice it not because you are born Muslim as we all are , just that my parents brought me up christian, but Allah Subahana Wa Ta'ala guided me back to him, but i know from personal experiences with the Arab in general not so much Algerian but they do not believe that us reverts are not full blooded Muslimah's thus we are not to be trusted and only use brothers to have kids ects Astghfirullah May Allah guide us all.

But the one thing that have to say that Algerian men will marry anyone for any culture they just don't stick to their own which i think is wonderful and the majority of women do become Muslim, they are not prejudice or racist in this respect, and more and more British women are becoming Muslim and marrying really pious practicing Algerian men like mine Mashaa Allah!

Comment

• @ UmmHaraith - Thanks for sharing your positive experience and also for the advice. I completely agree with you regarding the ''born Muslim'' thing. It's nice to be reminded of that. Not that I have felt anything negative regarding this. I've been welcomed by my husband's family rather than received negatively alhamdulillah.

@ Aayesha - It was nice to read what you wrote also. Marriage is hard and many marriages, muslim or not, cross-cultural or not, end in divorce sadly. Then again there are plenty that work. But really we are living in a time when so many do fail that it's easy to become a bit cynical about it. I'm glad you're not bitter - being bitter causes people not to be able to move on successfully and helps to spread unwarranted negativity about people, certain groups of people and even about marriage in general.

You made really great points when you said this "if you have trouble communicating before marriage it doesn't get easier, If you cant deal with any of his issues before marriage it isnt going to miraculously go away". Sounds pretty true.

Comment

• I am not an english woman, but a swiss, living in Canada, married since 6 years to an algerian man. We have a sweet 2 year old daughter. Our love is still the same passionate and exciting kind, like when we met 9 years ago. This is what us keeps together without doubt, then the problems who raises automatically, when you are living in a mixed culture relationships are huge. But it is also a big chance to learn and to become a patient, understanding and tolerant person.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazaireya4ever View Post
                        LOL, then they complain why Algerian women marry 3rab from other countries and get all worked out, it's like can't they get a life... ya3ni ma yahadrosh when al jazaireyaat ytzawjoh m3a l ajaneb w 7ta eli mahosh mslm w yshtarow ki yetzawjoh m3a nass who are mn same 3arg, osool w deen... Let 'em be, they just end up dying alone with a messed up family, imagine how long they needed to wake up? till they reach their fifties, I am telling you they need someone to fix their brains out.

Looooooool

Comment

• After my divorce I have been asked many times would I re-marry. Of course I would love to get married again inshallah.
                          The question is where would he come from. Initially I thought our marrige was one big culture clash. But the more and more I think about it, it is only one factor which can arise when you are married to someone who may be from the same culture.

So in conclusion (in my opinion) I realised it is not about where he comes from it is how well he comunicates and expresses himself. He should be able to respect others especially his wife. Not to mention recognising people are different but equal.

So ladies am I dreaming!

Comment

• Originally posted by Felicity View Post
                            the arab ladies could buy some bleach & peroxide and get blonde hair the same way the "blonde" chicks do?
                            hahaha they do ive been to algeria twice now for month long stays and id say 50% of the girls had bleached hair or highlights. it seams whatever we have nomatter where in the world we live we allways want the opposite. algerian woman are sooo beautiful tho i would love to have curly hair but they all want it straight they were in love with my GHD hair straighteners lol x

Comment

• Originally posted by Joanne View Post
                              hahaha they do ive been to algeria twice now for month long stays and id say 50% of the girls had bleached hair or highlights. it seams whatever we have nomatter where in the world we live we allways want the opposite. algerian woman are sooo beautiful tho i would love to have curly hair but they all want it straight they were in love with my GHD hair straighteners lol x
                              Ahem I am sorry but I must butt in here, there are many Algeriennes with "Blonde" naturally "Straight" hair!! There is a mix in Algeria!! Black, Blonde, Olive, Brown, even now Yellow :P

Comment

• ... funny patronizing tone ... especially when it comes from someone who has been to Algeria ...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X