Marriage documents required for Algeria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage documents required for Algeria

Full Birth certificate, translated into french/arabic, sworn and then legalised at the FCO. You can attend the FCO in person at Milton Keynes. I went yesterday afternoon and it took less than one hour.

Certificate of No Impediment (CNI) to obtain the certificate you need to give your local registry office notice. Book an appointment with them then they have a legal obligation to give public notice which takes 21 days. Again translated into french/arabic, sworn and then legalised at the FCO. Each document costs £28.80 for FCO legalisation. Translation service i used was certifieduk and are based off the Edgware Road, London.

Then when you get to Algeria you need to take your passport (obviously!) with you so that they can copy the pages with the visa. Best to get the 90 day multiple visa. 3 passport photos. You need to apply for the demand to marry at the Wilaya and to then obtain certificate to state you are a non-resident.

I was told to get my CNI/Full birth certificate stamped at the Algerian Embassy in London after obtaining the FCO stamp but when i went this morning i was told £60 each document (only form of payment is by cash/postal order) and it would take 2 weeks so i retracted this (fly out tomorrow).

I'll post an updated version soon. I have met some very good friends who have also been fretting about the process, one of them just took her full birth certificate and passport and managed to lodge all the documents that were required within 2 days and they did not ask for a CNI.

You can always get the documents translated in Algeria by an official translater, that way it only costs about £5-£10 per page rather than the ridiculous amount I saw charged by some places in the UK.

Comment

We are getting married in the next few days and so far, my CNI has not even been asked for. What seems to be common is that every Wilaya is different and probably depends on the person that you see and how well your husband knows them.

Comment

Originally posted by AMRWM View Post
        probably depends on the person that you see and how well your husband knows them.
        Lol, so true.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity View Post
          You can always get the documents translated in Algeria by an official translater, that way it only costs about £5-£10 per page rather than the ridiculous amount I saw charged by some places in the UK.
          Yup, we had to get all the documents re-translated in Algiers as they would not accept the translations (only cost me £300!!)....cost £11.00 and took 48 hours in Algiers. Rip-off Britain!!

Comment

eek, that would probably make me cry for that much money (and effort, I'm sure) to have come to nothing

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X