Seeking info about the Bensiali family in Algiers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking info about the Bensiali family in Algiers

I am a second generation Algerian-American seeking information about my grandfather who left Algeria in the 1930's. His name was Mohammed Bensiali- I think he was of the Berber tribe. I only have old photos. He had blue eyes and was of a medium complexion. If you know how I might start to find links to this family,please contact me. I am going to Algeria next year. He has several brothers and sisters who may want to know of his family here in the United States.

Reply on Seeking info about Bensiali

Hi there. Where about in Algeria was your family?
    This is a brief to establish contact and hope to hear from you.
    Regards
    A. Karim Bensiali

Comment

Re: Reply on Seeking info about Bensiali

Originally posted by A-Karim-Bensiali
      Hi there. Where about in Algeria was your family?
      This is a brief to establish contact and hope to hear from you.
      Regards
      A. Karim Bensiali
      I hope this guy still check the forum. He's post dates back to July 11 th , 2002. Take care.

MrMean

Comment

Hi,

I fear I’m far too late, I stumbled across this page today……
        I always wanted to know something about the meaning of the name Bensiali….. Can you help?

Thank you and regards,

anab

Comment

Hello! It has been many years since I checked this website about my late grandfather Mohammed Bensiali--you wrote to ask where he may be from--we think "Béjaïa--but I am not sure -- you can also email me if you have links for me -- the Bensiali name I understand is very popular--are you Algerian too? Please contact me if you have more info--I speak French as well. Thank you!

Comment

why you dont start with algerian embassy in usa ?

Originally posted by bensiali3
            Hello! It has been many years since I checked this website about my late grandfather Mohammed Bensiali--you wrote to ask where he may be from--we think "Béjaïa--but I am not sure -- you can also email me if you have links for me -- the Bensiali name I understand is very popular--are you Algerian too? Please contact me if you have more info--I speak French as well. Thank you!
            atrousse

Comment

Seeking info about Bensiali name and lost family in Algeria

I am a second generation Algerian American. My mother is half-Algerian. My grandfather as from Béjaïa --he is now dead, but we are trying to find family there. His name was Mohammed Mamet Bensiali. He had blue eyes and medium skin--straight dark hair. Anyone know any Bensiali's- or where I might start to look. I am trying Ellis island records and also the embassy-- no luck. I also speak French./je parle francais aussi. merci...

Comment

Originally posted by bensiali3 View Post

I am a second generation Algerian American. My mother is half-Algerian. My grandfather as from Béjaïa --he is now dead, but we are trying to find family there. His name was Mohammed Mamet Bensiali. He had blue eyes and medium skin--straight dark hair. Anyone know any Bensiali's- or where I might start to look. I am trying Ellis island records and also the embassy-- no luck. I also speak French./je parle francais aussi. merci...
                Salam, good to see that you don't give up easily. Back in 2005 you got a possible opening from someone here but it was almost three years before you returned again. If you click on the name of the person who offered to help you, back in 2005, you can send an email and, hopefully, make a connection. Other than that, a couple of basic searches on Google using 'Bensiali Algeria' or 'Bensiali Algérie' turns up a few names and contact points. You should also go to your user control panel, subscribe to this thread, and fix your settings so that if anyone ever replies here you get an email alert and you can check it out before any years at all have drifted by.

Good luck!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X