Who are the Berbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are the Berbers?

Salaam I am very interested in who the berber people are. What is their origin and do they have a written language? I read once they are semetic people that are related to the Arabs and Jews. Anybody with any information? Thanks. Hajar

As far as I know, Berber people are leaving mostly mid-south of North Africa. I am also looking for knowing their/my origin. My father uses to say that our ancestors were Roman. Due to the religion, we are closed to the Arabs and consider Jews as Brothers. Some people says Berbers do not have written language, I better think that this now lost but activ people transmitted a roman translation of the language where some letters are available in their original form. Which country are you come from? I will be pleased to hear about the progress you did in your research and wisch you good luck!
    Bye for now

------------------
    TAHOCIT
    TAHOCIT

Comment

Salaam tank you for replying I am from the United states. I am half Jewish and My husbands Mother is berber from Algeria. I hope one day to find out the true Origin of the Berber people Inshallah. Keep in touch I am planning in the near future to visit Algeria. Maybe then I will visit with Some berber people I will be finished with my school inshallah I Am a Surgeon Technician but, My faviorite subject is Archeology and astronemy. Salaam for now.

Comment

Hi Hajar & Tahocit,

I am a Berber, Algerian, and I just wanted to help you in what you looking for.

First of all, the berbers have two different written languages, which are: the Tifinagh & the Latin Script. If you would like to have those scripts in your PC, just send me an email at akli99@hotmail.com, and I'll send them to you.

For more information about the origines, that I am certainly sure that their origine is NOT Arabic, Jewish or Roman, but I got some cool Berber sites, that you could check for yourselves, and you can find out what you seeking: Http://www.amazigh.co.uk Http://www.kabyle.com Http://www.tamurt.home.icq.com Http://perso.club-internet.fr/tilit/frame.html Http://www.libyamazigh.org/tamazight_language.htm

Take care.

Akli

Comment

Who was Kahina???

Salaam.

akli99, maybe you can help me out a little bit?

I'm very courius about berber history, more specific; kabyle berbers, not sure but I think with the language of tamazigh... I went to look on the internet adress http://www.kabyle.com, unfortunately I don't do in the french language, I only do in english and danish...

I'd like to get to know my roots...

Everybody... I'm also looking for my family, the family name is Birdouz, from Ain Benian, Algeria.

And all information on who was Kahina???

A lot of different stories about the lady... Did she get killed or did she take her own life??? Her sons, did they become generals in the army bringing out the message of Islam afterwards???

If you have any information, you are more than welcome to send it to me...or just post a reply...

KBirdouz@hotmail.com

Looking forward to getting more knowledge

Comment

hi all !

you seem to be well informed guys !
            i'm a Berber too : a Chaoui one. May be some of you can tell me more about the Chaoui people ???

Thank you.

Comment

Salam friends,

i'm Souhila i'm chaouia and i live in Khenchela

khenchela is the name of Kahina's daughter.
              Kahina was an empress a great empress .She made a Roman fear a her.

i'm so proud to live in a town of the greatest people since many years ago.

Khenchela is in the Aures.it is far 100klm from Batna.it is a very beautiful town .i hope that you can visit it one day.

Khenchela is the town of really men.

Welcome to Algeria

Comment

Very interesting

Khenchla <--> Batna is only 100km
                That must be a sign!

Comment

Originally posted by phylay
                  Khenchla <--> Batna is only 100km
                  That must be a sign!
                  LOL manish talginou. Ma3endou win yetkhabba.

Khokom.

Comment

East, West, all are relative directions...
                    Nouuuurmal, rouh el l'est ya kho!

Comment

salam all,
                      Here is some thing interesring for you (all):
                      1)http://www.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/A...CFB8B0E70D.htm
                      2)http://ar.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D8%A7%...B2%D9%8A%D8%BA

Comment

I think the best answer is that the Berbers are wonderful and beautiful people who live, for the most part, in harmony with their Arab and non Arab brethrin.

In reality Berbers love Arabs and they as a nation and people have a close link to the very heart of Islam as it was through their hard struggles and great losses of life that they faught for THEIR religion Islam. This being a sign of the pure love they and passion they have for Islam.

A true berber would tell you as many have told me that they see themselves as one of the many Arab tribes and their language as a dialect of Arabic and love anything which is connected to Islam and the many beauties contained within Islam.

Comment

Gotta learn the lingo...

My mum is Kabyle and my dad is chaoui....
                          I went home recently ...met my cousins and aunties etc...One of my auntie was making some funny comments about me in Kabyle ...I felt bad that I could not reply in Kabyle ( I only speak arabic ) ...So now I'm on a mission...I've got to learn the language ...if you guys know any website pls let me know ...by next year I'll be speaking it fluently ...hopefully..

Comment

Originally posted by Sminette
                            My mum is Kabyle and my dad is chaoui....
                            I went home recently ...met my cousins and aunties etc...One of my auntie was making some funny comments about me in Kabyle ...I felt bad that I could not reply in Kabyle ( I only speak arabic ) ...So now I'm on a mission...I've got to learn the language ...if you guys know any website pls let me know ...by next year I'll be speaking it fluently ...hopefully..
                            Being kabyle myself I suggest a deal: I teach u kabyle and u offer me good food when I come to London

Comment

Deal

alright then...I have to warn though...my cooking is not horrible but average I'd say... I'll try my best ...I'll put a lot of Harr to give it some taste if it's ok by u

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X