Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im English in love with algerian man

Please help.....
    I am an english girl in love with an algerian man, I have just ended the relationship as he was abusive and smacked me on the face and head.
    He also spat in my face too many times and was verbally abusive about my body,
    He has two personalitys, he can be a kind man but when something happens he can change .
    I have children from my previous relationship and he was very strict with them.
    Please tell me is this common behaviour for men from this culture? i must also add im am not religous but respected his views.
    please can anyone relate to this? is there anybody in simular circumstances? or can just offer advice.

I am not algerian nor am i married to an algerian,
    but I do know that not all people (or men) of one culture can be categorized into one behavior. Good and bad are in every country, every color, and every religion.
    But as a woman, I offer my support to you and firmly believe that your independence will do you more good than your dependence on a man who abuses you. Love can be blind and sometimes we need to force our eyes open, even if it means more emotional pain.
    Easier said than done, I suppose... perhaps there may be support groups in the area where you live ( in england?), shelters for abused women, etc.
    Best of luck,
    redkahina

Comment

This is a deep subject

My algerian ex was kind and very comical. There are alot of good ones, abusive men come from all countries as redkahina said. Oddly enough I found alot of abusers deliberately choose people they perceive as needing them, as having something wrong with them. They know this person is incompatible when they enter the relationship...that is their agenda so they can have a reason to:leave, drink, have their secret flaw ie prostitutes, drugs you name it...this is a deep one. Before you go any further I encourage you to read the book "Men who can't love". I forget the author but it is a common book and can be found in the self help section of most libraries or ordered from a book store. It gives valuable information for all you gals out there who are wondering what you are doing wrong...go no further and add no further blame...read the book and change your life and your choices in life. You can rescue it if you wish, the book tells you what you need to do to give it your best shot....all women know that we repeat things we feel we didn't handle right...guilt is our worst enemy...it gets us living in a vicious addictive circle of hell...and years later you will be alone and bitter and baffled...get off that lane asap and good luck!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cmckayb
      [B]Please help.....

Comment

Hi1 Hope you are ok now. I am engaged to an Alferian man and he is just wonderful: respectful, kind, responsible and tender.
        I think that those kind of abusive men or people don´t belong to a specific culture. I know abouta abusive Spaniards, French and English men... and women. You had a bad experience but I would like to remind you that English men can also be abusive, can´t they?
        I am sure you will find a nice man in the future, don´t let yourself locked into the past of a horrible relationship..
        GOOD LUCK

Comment

Run for your life

You have to leave him at once...this has nothing to do with nationality, religion or race...this man is dangerous for you and your small kids...get a hell out of this mess...he will cry, beg, promise to change blablabla...do not buy a word just run away take your kids to some safety place...start fresh somewhere faraway from him... dont let him ever find you again. Good luck !

Comment

Remember your kids are NUMBER 1, dont let anyone hurt them or you, you should be cherished not beaten.

Be strong & leave.

You'll be just fine.

Comment

Hello
              First of all, I'm not contrasting the above emails, but would like to say that before doing anything try to find out why he is behaving so. If you could know that therein you may find a solution where you could play on the deep chord.
              You've said, yourself that He is sometimes good and others bad, Which means it depends on something you should know. I'm not gonna tell you to run away from him, but rather do the best you can to change these things in him. I know it's sometimes hard to bear, but you have to try for the sake of love. If he pretending that he is Muslim and is treating you that way you should tell him that's wrong. Our religion strongly recommended that dignity should come first as far as women are concerned....and still too much to say..
              Hadi

Comment

I am from Algeria. I have been married for 26 years.
                I have two beautiful children with my American wife.

I have to tell you that I am very ashamed of your man's behaviour. I't men like him who give a bad reputation
                about my people.

I think you should report him to the police.Leave him at once. You will be happier that way.

Good luck to you

Rachid

Comment

YOU'RE RIGHT RACHID

HIYA RACHID HOW ARE YOU ? I'M NEW IN HERE AND I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT I DO REALLY AGREE WITH YOU IN WHAT YOU SAID SHE SHOULD ACTUALLY REPORT IT TO THE POLICE CAZ THAT KIND OF POEPLE DO JUST MAKE IT WORSE ON US THEY MAKE A BAD IMPRESSION OF ALL NORTH AFRICAN PEOPLE BUT WHAT I DO ACTUALLY KNOW IS THAT ALGERIAN MEN ARE A BIT AGRESSIVE MOST OF THEM ARE ALL THE TIME IN A BAD MOOD I DON'T KNOW WHY I'VE GOT A LOT OF ALGERIAN PEOPLE WHO I DON'T GET ON WITH VERY WELL BUT I MUST SAY THERE ARE A LOT THAT I DO ADMIRE TEHY'VE GOT AN AMAZING PERSONALITY AND THEY'RE REALLY BEHAVING WELL ...THAT'S ALL I CAN SAY ..I'M NOT AFFENDING ALGERIAN PEOPLE I'M JUST SAYING WHAT I FEEL IN THE END OF DAY NOONE OF US IS PERFECT ..ALLAH BLESS YOU ALL

Comment

I have been married to an Algerian for two years. He is gentle and kind. The guy you describe has serious emotional problems and for the sake of your children, if not yourself, you need to get away from him.

Julia

Comment

hello

First, I'm sorry for what happened to you
                      There is such a popular in Algeria say .... fingers are not like each other
                      Everywhere there is the good person and the bad guy, in Islam, we must protect our women and love them and respect them
                      And what does your husband is a bad thing, he must respect you because you gave your life as a wife
                      sorry for my bad english
                      your friend from algeria

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X