Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of forums ?

Hello,

Just a simple suggestion. I think this site doesnt have a huge number of members (yet !).. so why do we have such a big number of forums ? why not having some general ones like:
    algerian politics, international politics, computers, economy, fun, art, cafe.

I think that will focus the members on some subjects, and make the surfing easier..

what do you think ?

aloo, ya atakor

The site does have a huge number of readers, and they happily browse all sections - we can 'see' their search terms, so we have some idea of what they're looking for. Several sections were added at the request of members, others are common to all VCI sites.

The (incredibly boring to maintain) business section gets few comments, but thousands of readers. Ditto the (equally incredibly boring to maintain) energy thread. Nobody shops at an empty souk, so filling all sections with material will, in the longer term, provide something for everyone. Looking at the search terms it is clear that many readers cannot speak English so there has been an increase in French-language content to cater for those who appear only to be looking for material in French.

There have been recent visits from members who have been here since 2000 and who have yet to make a post - not everyone is a 'talker' and there's no pressure on anyone to comment. Some come just to graze the music sections, others to read the news only, others only to read about health issues in Algeria etc.

As content has increased, more and more readers arrive via Google searches etc, and there are many who come simply to read each day. But over time, the braver souls sign up when they have something to say. It's a work in progress, I guess, and anyone who wants to add things is welcome to. 'More choice' is always better than less and as content grows the site becomes more and more of a resource for Algerians and for people interested in Algeria. Some threads in some sections are really 'information/resource rich' and answer a lot of readers' questions without the need for signing up. So we get talkers, browsers and non-talking grazers from all over the world - all human life is here

Comment

Humm... OK, i'm rather convinced now.

As content has increased, more and more readers arrive via Google searches etc, and there are many who come simply to read each day. But over time, the braver souls sign up when they have something to say. It's a work in progress
      that was my case

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X