Technical issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical issues

How slow, annoying and sometimes impossible is the connection to this site!
    This happens frequently.
    It is really regretful because I find this site truly interesting; a rich and rare spot devoted 99.99 % to dearest Algeria: what a jewel!!!

Am I the only person encountering this kind of technical problems ?

Is this related to the time chosen to get connected to this site, or something else. I really don't understand.

Salam, ya Ditto (or may I call you " " ? )

I am very sorry that you have been meeting connection problems and regret that they are interfering with your access to and enjoyment of the site (which, as you correctly point out, is 'full of Algeria').

There IS a mysterious 'dead hand' that descends on the site, every day in the early hours which may be connected to the site host doing a back-up. The 'dead' period lasts for exactly 30 minutes each morning, with a few bursts of 'ordinary surfing' possible inside that time period, but most of the time pages are painfully slow to load and surfing around the site becomes very difficult until 'the dead hand' is lifted. I have been online at the time this 'freeze' descends and it is annoying and frustrating - but it's always only of 30 minutes duration.

However, outside that morning period, there should not be any other times at all where you meet inconvenience. If you could advise the times you are encountering problems, I will pass on your comments to the administrator, and she will doubtless get the technical support staff to take a look at logs and see if they can identify any problems.

Be patient, you obviously have good taste and it is for people like you that the site is being steadily furnished.

Allah ma3ek

Comment

This clarifies things much better.

I didn't notice before, but yes I agree with you I think i meet this kind of problem in the morning. I didn't pay attention how it lasted since I usually get discouraged and log off thinking that access to this site is somehow difficult so I would come back on and off but I'm happy you provided this explanation and feel more encouraged to visit more often.

Thank you Al Khiyal for the clarification and all you're doing for this site.

(i believe the hand has come back!!! I can't post the reply !!!)

Comment

This clarifies things much better.

I didn't notice before, but yes I agree with you I think i meet this kind of problem in the morning. I didn't pay attention how it lasted since I usually get discouraged and log off thinking that access to this site is somehow difficult so I would come back on and off but I'm happy you provided this explanation and feel more encouraged to visit more often.

Thank you Al Khiyal for the clarification and all you're doing for this site.

(i believe the hand has come back!!! I can't post the reply !!!)

Comment

As you can see, your reply went through OK, and now you have 'ditto-ed' it a couple of times. This isn't one of the 'freeze' periods, so I am not sure where the problem is. I'll notify the administrator anyway (and delete your duplicate posts once you have seen that they did make it through!)

Comment

Finally I could make a post reply

I am also encountering the same problem when coming here!! the connection is getting worse! a.com s'ouvre difficilement!!!
            Usually I connect at night....for the back up -as explained by Al khiyal- the work is done during the mornings..I think it's a problem of connexion here in Algeria which becomes worse these days

I hope that there is a possibility to make the access here faster ...hope so..

Comment

I hope so too, ya gn4dz. I am aware of only one 'dead spot' each day that slows down the site for a period of time, but outside that event, access should be problem free. Obviously, if you and Ditto are meeting difficulties, 'problem free' it isn't. Both of you are based in Algeria, so the problem could lie there, but two people makes for a small 'sample' to confirm such a thing. I will certainly ask our administrator about this and she will, no doubt, ask her technical support staff to take a look at logs to see if they can identify any site problem that could be contributing to your difficulties. If, however, it's Algérie Télecom at fault, you'll all have to scold them!

Comment

i have a question of how to add a video clip to the message,
                kind of youtube, dailymotion & so on..

Comment

for youtube videos copy and paste the address on here and then within the letters and numbers there is a '...v=...'

write (youtube) with [ ] instead of () after the v= and at the end of the address close it with (/youtube) ( use [] instead of () )

then delete everything except what's in the youtube box.

ex: http://kjaf;dlkfjad;fjv=(youtube)jaf;sdlkfjad;slfkja(/youtube)

then when you delete everything it becomes just (youtube)adkfja;sdfja;sdfjkasd;(/youtube)

got it??
                  It seems as if one fails to conceive
                  The meaning my name strives to achieve

To a biological form you cannot relate-
                  Because a reproductive cell is a gamete not gamate!

It means to unite, -to become consolidated
                  So without me in a.com, is there hope we'd be amalgamated?

Comment

got it,and did it.

thnx 4 the good tut.

but what is missing???

Comment

Originally posted by eyad View Post

but what is missing???
                      Do you mean this ?

Comment

actually it was at the left of the clip, as a part of the link.

the clip worked ok, but the left text was annoying, i dunno it has disappeared now!!

Comment

I tidied it up for you, ya eyad, you don't need the full url, only the letters/numbers following v=

Comment

aha

well.. thnx bro

Comment

i just...

Recommend to add more smilies...

for more purpose uses and more interests

thnx

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...