No announcement yet.

Any advice? I am marrying an Algerian.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any advice? I am marrying an Algerian.

Hello, I am an American woman marrying a Kabyle Algerian man. We met in Paris a year and a half ago. We are in process of getting his visa to come here. I am very excited to have him here and to get married. I am posting to get any advise on this cross-culture relationship. So far I haven't noticed huge differences or problems.....what are your experiences? Any non-Algerians married to an Algerian out there? Thanks for any stories or insight that would help! Also, if you know of any Algerians in Oregon or Washington state in the Pacific Northwest USA...let me know. I am looking for Kabyle contacts for my fiance. Thanks!

I don't have any advice to offer, but I wish you all the best for your marriage.

Comment

No advice as such but... I am married to an Algerian man (nearly 2 and a half years) and what I will say is that he is the most genuine, honest (which I think at times can be a bit of a shock for us Western women but is actually quite refreshing!) and respectful person I have ever met. My experience is (from my husband and our friends) that Algerian men can be very proud but when they give you their word, they stick to it.. come what may!

At first religion was an issue for us (he is Muslim and I was raised Christian), not in a bad way as such but just something that couldn't be ignored. When we married I hadn't given much thought to converting but after 2 and a half years of marriage I am now beginning to follow Islam.

I wish you the best of luck and if you want to ask me any questions then go ahead!

Comment

Hello Danille , houw are you?
        Well first I wish you the best ,and hope that the immigration wont take for ever for you guys .I live in the north west in Washington , and yes there is a good amount of Algerians here some kabyles but I dont know a lots of them . I'm sure if he comes here it is easy to meet them . Good luck

Comment

Machaallah it`s good to see western women praising Algerian men.

Comment

Samir, have western women been praising you?

Comment

Yes I am Algerian therefore what they said above includes me

But if you wonna go into more concrete examples yes

Comment

So you have been complimented by default?

Comment

Trust me I have been but why I was complimented is applicable to many algerian men

In effect a lot of it is due to climatic conditions

Comment

Climatic conditions? Expand on that please

Comment

Well Basically once they come they never go

Comment

I see Do you mean to say 'Once you go Algerian you never go back?'

Comment

Better than black we have medium quantity but very high quality, we have a lot of chilly pepers when we are young

Comment

I have to remember these things I thought there was quantity as well as high quality

Comment

Originally posted by Sweeter_Pea
                              I have to remember these things I thought there was quantity as well as high quality
                              Well to be precise more width than length which is of course better than the other way arround

Comment

Working...
                              X